Chapter 20 ~ Tears of Jaebum

~ Y/N's POV ~

It has been a few hours and I was lying down on my bed, my eyes were fully open. I couldn't sleep at all. Now matter how many times I tossed and turned. I felt so bad for Jackson, who knows what happened to him. He came into the room an hour ago and plopped on his bed. I wonder what Jaebum did to him. Bored, I concentrated on the silence of the room.

I heard soft cries..

Instantly, I sat up and scanned the room. "Everyone's asleep.." I muttered to myself. I got out of bed and approached the bedroom door. I rested my hand on the door's knob. "..I don't think Jaebum will be happy when I do this.. But I have to figure out who's crying. I can't stand it when I hear someone cry."

Quietly, I twisted the doorknob and slowly opened the door. The crying sound became louder. "It's coming from.. Jaebum and the rest's room.." I quickly exited the room and entered the hallway. Not wanting the others to wake up, I closed the door gently.

Finally, I approached Jaebum's door. I rested my hand on the knob hesitantly. My legs were shaking. I was nervous, I was scared. But there's no going back now I guess.

I twisted the doorknob as I slowly opened the door. After immediately scanning the room, I saw Jaebum sitting at the edge of his bed, his back facing me and his head was looking down. It seemed like he was burying his face in the palms of his hands. A boy was sleeping quietly. He had soft facial features and pretty looking lips. I'm guessing he's Jinyoung. There were two empty beds and I assumed they belonged to BamBam and Youngjae but there weren't there. That's when I realised that the soft cries came from...

"..Jaebum..?" I softly called out to him so I won't wake the sleeping boy. Jaebum jumped slightly and turned around and stared at me.

"Y-Y/N?" He got up and approached me quickly. "What're you doing here? Go back to sleep!" I just stood there, staring into his dark and sparkling eyes. I furrowed my brows. "..What?"

"You're.." Jaebum tries to cover his eyes by looking away. "..Crying..?" I finished. He stares back into my eyes. The tears.. The sadness in his eyes. Something was bothering him, and it was genuine.

"I.. I'm not, something just got into them-"

I cut Jaebum off. "No, you're crying. And I can't help but feel bad for you. If something's bothering you and if you feel like sharing, please tell me." He was silent for a while as he stared down at the floor. A few moments later, he stood at one side of the door, inviting me into the room. Jaebum sits down at the side of his bed and he pats the empty space next to him, telling me to sit.

I sat next to him and thought, "I.. Really like this side of Jaebum.." He stared down at the floor again.

"Y-Y/N.. I.." He began to stutter. "I'm just.. So sorry." I widened my eyes. He's.. Sorry? "I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you." Jaebum turned to me with sad eyes. "Jackson.. He made me open my eyes. I can see everything now.. I'm.. So sorry, Y/N."

"Jaebum.. It's.. It's okay." I nervously rested my hand on his shoulder. "..Can you tell me what's bothering you? And maybe your history with Bangtan?" I gently rested my other hand on his palms and slowly pushed it down to his lap. "I really want to help you, Jaebum." Jaebum slowly gave me a small smile but he quickly looked back down, frowning.

"Why do you want to help?" He asked, a little angry. "I've done nothing but take you away from your family, scare and hurt you."

I thought about it for a while. "If you think about it, you saved me from that creepy guy in that alley."

"But that's just one good thing I've done to you." He stared into my eyes.

I shook my head 'no'. "If you didn't take me away, I would've gotten into the wrong hands. I probably won't see my family again. I could've died. But you, Jaebum," I placed both my hands on his palms. "You felt bad for Bangtan, so you would call them once a week for them to see me. I don't think anyone would do that. I truly believe that you're a good person, I really do. You're just angry and something has been bothering you, that's all." Jaebum thought about it for a moment then he gave me a small smile. He's cute when he smiles. I return him the same smile.

Jaebum sighs. "Okay, I guess I can tell you about me and Bangtan." He takes a deep breath and slowly exhales. "You probably already know this, but GOT7 and Bangtan.. We used to be best friends. We would hang out together, chill together, you know." Jaebum pauses for a moment to look down. "But then.. Suddenly, they stopped talking to us. They ignored us. It was like our friendship before was nothing, like it faded away. Soon, we heard rumours from a couple of people that they have been talking behind our backs. We felt.. Betrayed, angry, sad. At the time, I really thought that it was all just a misunderstanding. I tried talking to them but... They just told me to go away. I felt like a huge part of me went missing. Before, I wanted them to feel what I felt. So I.. Banned the rest of the group from talking to them.." Jaebum stares into my eyes. "When I found out about you.. Maybe I could take you away and let them feel what it felt like to lose a huge part of yourself.. I'm sorry, Y/N.. For bringing you into this mess."

I grab both his hands gently. "It's okay, Jaebum. Thank you for telling me. I understand everything now.. I forgive you." Jaebum opens his mouth slightly, like he wanted to say something but he was holding it back. "Hm? You want to say something?" He looks down at my lips. Jaebum's mouth slightly opened more, it looked like he wanted to say many things but he was trying to hold it back more.

Finally, he had the courage to say something. "Y-Y/N? C-Can I just.." I tilted my head in confusion. Suddenly, he puts his hand at the back of my head and pushes it forward, making my lips collide with his. My eyes widened by his action. But I didn't stop him. I relaxed after a while. His grip on the back of my head wasn't strong. It was very gentle. I kissed him back, not wanting to hurt his feelings. He slowly stopped but he pulled away slightly. Our foreheads were touching as we stared into each other's eyes. The hand that was at the back of my head moved to my cheek. Jaebum's eyes widened as he pulled away and looked down. "I-I'm sorry..! I-I.. Didn't know what came over me–"

"It's okay, Jaebum." I gently placed my hand on his left cheek and made him turn to me slowly. "Don't worry about it too much." I smiled. Jaebum places his hand on mine that was on his cheek as he rests his head on my hand. He smiles back at me.

Do I have to think of it again? "I really like this side of Jaebum. No, I don't like it..

I love it."