Chapter 3

The day went by rather quickly, of course until the period before lunch came. I probably wasn't going to eat anything but the anticipation of not having to sit still in class room for at least an hour killed me. I also had this class with Aveline. It was extremely awkward because we knew each other's through mutual friends and had so much in common yet we were nothing alike. She may try to talk to me but it always ends in silence and an awkward laugh, so I usually try to sit at a fair distance from her.

As soon as the bell rang, I jetted out of the door. And went to lunch. I immediately went for my seat in the lunch room. The food in this place is deadly. I refuse to eat it. I probably should eat something being as though I didn't have breakfast or dinner. But definitely not this. I'll probably free load off of Marabel's lunch. Speak of the devil, she's walking over to the table.

"I see you looking at my lunch and yes you can have some." she says.

"thank you." I said with a smile.

" Have you eaten since we had lunch yesterday?"

"of course" my mouth was full and my voice was no where near convincing.

"you're a shit liar you know. you can't let this happen again because it didn't end well last time."

"yeah I know I'm sorry. I've just been busy and I forgot to eat." I was lying through my teeth and she knew it but she didn't wanna start anything.

"ok" she said with worry in her eyes.

We sat silently until I started to worry. Where the hell was everyone else?

"Where is everyone?"

"Luke, Mikey and the rest of the band are having lunch in the music room to practice because they wanna go somewhere on Friday instead of practicing. Bells is probably talking to the juniors, you know she likes to help them. and Sabrina is just missing. Where the hell is she?"

"I know right, like she's always missing. But where are the boys going on Friday?"

"I don't quite know but Luke is gonna drag me to it. You should come. You don't go out enough anymore. And you seem down lately."

"I don't know. You know how I am. I don't think I'll even fit in."

"Clover, you fit in everywhere if you're drunk enough." she laughed.

"Oh shut up."

"But seriously. Luke's boss's son is having the party at the engine repair place and it's gonna be cool I swear. And maybe you'll get with the son." she said with a wink.

I rolled my damn eyes so far in the back of my head, I saw my brain.

"I'm fine thank you."

Sabrina finally decides to show up.

"Hey where were you?"

"I was getting lunch. The line was hella long today because they have chicken nuggets." she said. "so what did I miss?"

"Clover needs to have fun and get laid." Marabel said.

"Well aren't you fucking subtle."

"I try." she replied.

They spent the rest of lunch trying to

get me to go to this party and I tell them I'll think about it. The rest of the day went by smoothly. Before leaving I say bye to everyone. And walk to the train station with Michael.

"I haven't seen you all day. I've missed you." he said.

"I've missed you too Poo-Bear." I said with a smirk.

We walked and talked about our day and got on the train. He invited me to the party and I told him what I said to the others. I loved just talking to Michael and being alone with him. He's great. Since we live so close we do a lot together. I truly love this boy and damn it hurts. I may just like him a lot because I'm young and I don't even know what love is but hey it's what I feel. When we got off the train we parted ways.

"Goodbye beautiful." he said giving me a forehead kiss. This is why most people in public think we're together. But he sees me as like a younger sister.

"Goodbye Poo-Bear"

"God, will you stop that?"

"No but I'll text you when I get home ok?"

"ok bye."

Then we parted ways. I got home and texted him to let him know I got there safely. He always makes me do that because he's pretty protective of me. When I got home I did my homework and then listened to music. I talked to my family about their days and blah blah. I decided to eat dinner too. Because I didn't wanna worry Mare. Then I went upstairs and listened to music and kind of just thought. I did this every night. I don't know why but it usually ended in me crying, taking a shower, and going to sleep. And tonight was no different. But this is the only way I can stay stable through the day.

During my sleep I got a call from Mikey which was typical. He usually would talk to me about his feelings or whatever was keeping him up. Or even ask me to come comfort him but tonight was differently.

"Hello?" I tiredly groaned.

"Clover? Hey, I know you usually come over to my house but can I come crash at yours just for tonight?I'm sorry I just really don't want to be home right now and- and-" he was speaking hurriedly and his voice was cracking. It sounded like he was crying and that broke me. Completely.

"Mikey what's wrong? what happened?" I said worrying.

"Nothing can I just stay there? I'll tell you when I get there."

"Ok you can come." I said

Within 5 minutes he was at my door. He didn't knock because he'd wake my mother but he called me to come down stairs. We had to creep to my room and as soon as we got there he broke. I didn't ask any questions I just pulled him in and hugged him. We layed down and cuddled while he cried and I stroked his hair. After about a half an hour he stopped.

"Can we watch South Park?" he whispered.

"Yeah. But it has to be on low."

I looked to the clock and noticed it was 4:07 am. I went to sleep while he watched the show that always made him feel better. I know I had to wake up and tell him leave before my mother woke up around 7:00. Which was understood between the both of us. But to be honest I don't think either of us are gonna make it to school tomorrow.