Chapter 8

I woke up to Marabel shaking me and calling my name.

"What?" I groaned.

"Get up. I'm taking you out. It's gonna be me, you, Luke and Calum." she said.

"I don't wanna go. It's gonna be awkward and uncomfortable. Especially since he has a girlfriend."

"Well things have changed. Apparently, she wasn't at the party because she was with another guy. He caught then together when he went to see her the next morning."

"Well, it seemed like he really loved her so he must be heart broken. Why are you guys trying to drag him out? Just leave him be. What makes you think he's gonna wanna come?"

"We're going to get him and he has to come. and you're going to be his persuasion."

"How? He said I had eyes like his girlfriend. I wouldn't want to look into those eyes again."

"That may be true but you guys both are heart broken and need to interact with others."

"Fine. I guess I'll go."

I got up getting dressed in something I had left at her house from the multiples times I've been here. When we were finished getting ready we heard Luke pull up outside and we all went to get Calum. We spent the whole car ride there trying our best to get a plan to get him out of the house. They decided I'd talk to him and tell him what I'm going through or whatever. It's a shitty plan and it's not gonna work but what's the use in arguing. We got to his house and knocked ONTHE door only to be greeted by a shirtless, red and heavy eyed, calum. He was gorgeous. Even when he looked like shit. That I had to admit. My thoughts we're interrupted by him speaking.

"What are you guys doing here?" he said

"we came to take you out. you look like you could use some fun man." luke said.

"I don't I just need to lay down for a while. and be alone until it can get my head straight." he turned to close the door and of course that was my que. Mara and Luke went back to the car but I stayed and stopped Cal from going in.

"Hey can I talk to you for just a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah sure i guess." He said slightly annoyed.

"Listen Calum, I know what happened really hurt you but I think you should try to get out instead of wallowing in self pity. I mean I feel like shit right now because the person I like is out galavanting with the person they like. It's terrible having to sew them happy together and support them and hear him talk about how beautiful she is. But I don't let it keep me down because my friends are there to help and take me out." I said holding back tears.

"I understand what you're saying. I mean I guess I'll try and go out, but it's hard to want to do that when you feel like one of the very few things that mattered to you in the world was taken away."

"I'm sorry about that. I mean if you go we could talk about it."

He looked at me and he smiled weakly. He said that he would go but to let him get dressed. I went into the car and told the others what happened and that he's going. I honestly didn't expect this plan to work. Nor did I think I'd wanna talk to him so much.

He came back out and got into the car with us.

"So where exactly are we going?" He said.

"Some where kinda far. It's a little out of the city where there's this beautiful lake and in the night you can see the stars light up. We figured itd be the best place for you star- crosses lovers to try and find an answer to your problems." Marabel said. "Me and Luke go there every other weekend. It's amazing up there."