Chapter 7

I woke up in Michaels room in only my under wear. Last night, nothing really happened but it did get pretty heated until he stopped and ran to his bathroom to go vomit. Of course some shit like that would happen to me, with my luck. After that he started to sober up and just wanted to cuddle. He said sorry multiple times last night. I wasn't sure if he was sorry he kissed me or sorry he stopped.

I looked at my phone to see that I had a few texts from Marabel saying things like "with michael i see, getting some?" and of course I just rolled my eyes. I got up to put my clothes on and I woke Michael up to tell him I'm leaving.

"Michael? wake up." I said shaking him.

"no I'm tired and I have a headache." he groaned.

I went downstairs to make him some coffee and got him some aspirin. When I was finished, I went upstairs to give it to him. God he looked like absolute shit. I felt so sorry for him. I gave him his coffee and pills and stayed with him for a while. We just sat there in silence and usually it's a comfortable silence but definitely not now.

"Michael?" I said breaking the silence.

"yeah?" he said.

"do you remember anything that happened last night? like anything after what you and Aveline did?"

"well I definitely remember me and Aveline. and I remember the rest of the night pretty vaguely. I just don't wanna talk about it."

"what do you mean you don't wanna talk about it? we can't just ignore that it happened?"

"I mean we could"

"no we can't don't be an ass about this it isn't funny."

"well what do you want me to say? I did it because I was drunk and horny and it was in the heat of the moment. I've told you many times I find you attractive and that was me just being drunk and doing something about it. it's not that big of a deal." he retorted. He sounded annoyed at the fact that I asked him.

"that's all you really had to say. I just didn't wanna leave it out there as an awkward unspoken of thing." I said.

We sat there in silence for a while. I was thinking intently about his answers hole he just drank coffee and watched tv. I don't know why I expected him to say something actually sentimental. I knew that it meant nothing I just wish it did. And he's hungover and grumpy so I feel like even more shit. I swear I'm such a pussy because I honestly wanna cry. So I got up and decided it was time to leave. I got my things together and said bye.

"I'm leaving. I'll see you in school on Monday I guess. I assume we aren't doing anything today or tomorrow." I said.

"why do you assume that?" Michael said getting up to lead me out.

"I don't know. I just figured we weren't."

"Well now I wanna do something. You wanna go out and do something tomorrow?" he said smiling.

"maybe if I feel better." I said weakly smiling back.

"well what's wrong? and clover I know you. if you say you 'don't feel well' you're probably sad."

"I'm not sad. I'm fine okay. I just need to go home and sleep. and I know you want to help and take care of me but you don't have to."

"it's my duty to make sure you're okay. if you're sad then I have to make you feel better. C'mon just stay for a while and I swear we can watch whatever you want and I'll tell you funny jokes and make you feel better I swear. I just don't want you to feel bad. I don't even know what's wrong. What happened? Did I do it?"

"No michael I just need some alone time. In my own bed. and in my own house."

"Okay. but call me when you get home. and I'm gonna check on you every half an hour to make sure you're alright."

"Okay. I love you. I'll see you tomorrow I guess. Bye." I said.

"Bye baby." He said kissing my forehead.

I left and decided to go to Marabel's house instead of my own. I didn't wanna be alone and sobbing. Her house was a pretty long walk so I hopped in a cab. I had just enough money for a cab to her house so to be honest I don't know how I'm getting back home. While I was in the can though, I started to think and get really sad and I finally started to cry after what felt like years of holding it in.

When I got there my eyes were red and puffy. I walked to her front door and knocked. I expected her to answer but I was instead greeted by Luke.

"Hey short stuff what's wrong?" He said letting me in. We were close but not really close.

"I'm fine. I just came to see Marabel but if you guys are busy I'll go." I said whimpering.

"no no. just stay come me and Mara will help you ok? just tell me what happened."

"I'll tell you when we get to Mara's room." I said walking up the stairs. We got to her room and she immediately saw me and I broke down into her arms.

"What happened sweetie? just tell me." Mara said.

"It has to do with Michael." I said sniffling.

Luke took that as his que to go. He said goodbye to us and left us alone in her room.

"So tell me what happened." Mara said.

"Last night, when I took mikey home. I laid down with him and we cuddled as usual. But he started to get touchy and started kissing my neck and we got into a pretty heated make out session before stopped to vomit and then we went to sleep. It was awkward and weird and when I asked him about it this morning he shrugged it off and didn't care. He said it didn't mean anything and he was just horny. I don't know why but that made me feel like complete shit even though I already knew that's how he felt." I was crying and stumbling over my words.

"It's fine baby. That's okay. It's normal to feel that way and I completely understand you love this boy but you can't beat yourself up for the way he feels. And you can't change that either and by no means does that make you any less of a gorgeous great person. and if he doesn't see that that's his problem."

Marabel always knew what to say. She was very inspiring and helpful and I loved her so much. She always made me feel better about myself. I was still a little sad but I honestly felt better.

After that I decided to stay at her house for 2 reasons. I didn't wanna be alone to make myself depressed again, and I had no means of getting home. I texted my mother telling her I was here and that I'm gonna come home tomorrow. We sat there all night and pretty much just watched movies, played around and were complete fools. I'm happy I could do this and not think of Michael that much.

The next day I woke up to 2 missed calls from Michael. So I decided to call him back.

"Hello?" he answered.

"You called me?" I said trying to be quiet because Mara was still asleep.

"Yeah I wanted to tell you that if we hang out today Aveline is gonna come? and she wants to go to this convention thing. I don't know much about it."

"Well I'm gonna pass. I don't know her that well and I'll be a third wheel. And besides you need your alone time with that girl to try to woo her."

"Come one clover just come with us. You'll have fun I promise. And you won't be the third wheel. I just want you 2 to get along bc you're both very important to me."

"Another time Mikey I swear."

"Ok I love you."

"Love you more." I said and hung up.

I didn't wanna do much today. But Marabel would probably have a plan. And when she had one she would wake me up. Do I decided to go back to sleep for a while.