Tracer x Fem!Reader: To the Moon and Back

Requested by: LenaOxton0

"Oi, luv! Get up! Don't you remember what today is?!” My beloved, Tracer, or as I know her, Lena, said in a much too excited tone for how early it was. Sure, it may have already been 10:30 in the morning, but I was always more of a night person rather than an early riser. I rolled away from her face and huddled further into the sheets, acting as if still asleep, even though I was smiling. She let out an exaggerated sigh before plopping down on top of me.

“Hey, get off!! You weight like a million pounds!” I said jokingly and laughing.

“Now that's just rude luv! Now you owe me a kiss.” She said with a bright smile of her own.

“Mmmm… maybe. Now remind me what today is.” I said, even though I already knew what today was. This was the mark of the past five years I had been Lena’s significant other. And I couldn't be happier being by her side.

“It's been five years luv! Now come one! Get up and get ready! I have a day full of fun for us to celebrate!” She said as if she were a giddy child.

“Alright, alright. I'm going, give me a minute.” I said crawling out of bed and heading towards the bathroom, but not before placing a peck on Lena’s cheek, and racing off, leaving a flustered girl on the bed. Even if you two had been together for five years, she still got flustered and stuttered her words when around you sometimes, and would especially do so tonight.

After an hour of getting ready I was finally good to leave. I had asked if there was anything in specific she wanted me to wear, and all she said was something comfortable, so I stuck to a simple tank top and zip up jacket, along with a scarf. I had decided on some leggings and a pair of uggs as it was becoming much colder outside. I looked over at Lena to see her on her phone. She decided to go with beige tank top and light brown leather jacket, with a pair of matching uggs and black leggings herself. Seeing as she was paying attention, and quickly crept up behind the couch, and reacher over as I embraced her and bombarded her with kisses. I felt her jump at my touch but heard her start to laugh and hug me back.

“I'm ready!”

“Alright let's go!” She grabbed her keys, and we started to walk off. I didn't know where we were headed, but followed blindly. We were just talking while she left me to our destination, and once we reached the place she stopped in her tracked and said, “we're here, luv!”, Accompanied with a bright smile.

I looked up at the name of the place and realized where we were. It was a simple and small cafe, that was more than likely known by a minimal amount of people. This was when Lena and I had first met. I was sitting in one of the booths, alone, and crying.  I had recently been dumped by a last girlfriend, and over text to add more salt into the wound. Soon after being dumped over text I had moved to the UK from the US in hopes of getting a fresh start, but still couldn't seem to get over her. Just want to get out of the house that  morning I travelling down  the streets until finding this  little cafe. I dIdn't know I had been there, but must've been hours, when suddenly Lena with her radiant smile took a seat across from me, and talked with me. Even if she was only a stranger, I had no one else go turn to, and just needed a shoulder to cry on at that moment.

It had been so long since the last time you had seen this cafe, and looking at it brought back so many emotions. I looked over at Lena and hugged her tightly.

“Come on luv, let's get inside and out of this cold!”, She said, ushering me inside. Once inside the smell of tea, coffee, and a multitude of baked goods hit my senses. It was amazing and just a store filled with nostalgia.  Quickly we ordered our drinks and sat down. We sat there talking the day away for who knows how long, just enjoying each other's company. Once we felt we had spent enough time in the small cafe, we left, and she took me to the thing she had planned. We continued to walk until I could see a park. I knew exactly what this place was as well.

It was where we had our very first date. At first I was nervous to be so out in the open, but as time went on and I spent time with Lena, I became a little more outgoing and happier. I remember exactly what was the first thing we did, the swings. I had told Lena as a child I had always enjoyed when me and my older brother would go to the park, and he would push me, so just like when I was a child, Lena and I spent our entire date having fun on the swings, and of course played on other things within the park. This place wasn't only our first date, but also when Lena stood up for me. I struggled to be proud of who I was as most of my family shunned me away from the family, finding out I was lesbian, with the exception of my older brother and dad. In the time me and Lena were having fun in the park on our dare, I had become more open and had kissed Lena, but people being people, gave us disgusted looks, and upon seeing their looks I pulled away and was on the brink on crying. Lena realised ad well what was going on and yelled at everyone looking at us. 'Is this affecting your life?! No?! Didn't think so! So go about your own business and leave me and my wonderful girlfriend alone!’

These memories came back just as much as the ones from the cafe, if not even more.

“Race ya to the swings!” I yelled out in excitement.

“You're on!” She barked, with just as much excitement.

Obviously I had lost, but that didn't matter to me. I quickly hopped onto the swing and Lena began to push me. We laughed and had fun like we did on our first date, and continued to do so. Before I knew it, the sun was beginning to set. We stopped, and Lena told me she still had one more stop before the end of the night. She held a tight grip entangled with my own hand, and we walked in silence. Off the to side of the park, there was a small river, along with a bridge that crossed over and led to the the forest. She pulled me onto the bridge and leaned over to look at the running water. The sight was beautiful with the vine covered bridge, and dimly lit light posts and the start and end of the bridge. “Isn't it beautiful?” I blurted out loud without realizing.

“Sure is luv.” She said, seeming a little breathless.

“So why did you pull me out here?” I asked.

“For this.”, She said pulling me away from the edge and more towards the center of the bridge. She slowly got on one knee and pulled out a small, red velvet box, and opened to show off an exquisite ring within. Instantly I covered my moved and began to ball.

“It's been five years now, and I think it's about time I asked you. Luv, you are my world, and have been since I first laid eyes on you. After Overwatch was disbanded, I thought my purpose in this world was over, but you made me realize that wasn't it. Words can't describe how much I love ya’. But I can promise you that if you say yes, I will always love you to the moon and back. So (Y/N), will you do me the honor of making my the happiest person in the world, and become my wife.” She finishes, and words couldn't describe my feelings in that moment. Not being able to answer, I rapidly shook my head yes. Once finding my voice, I finally responded.

“Yes! A million times yes! Lena, I will always love you to the moon and back and to the moon again!” I yelled all while she place the ring on my finger. Once placed on my finger, she pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

Oh my God! This was so great to write thank you so much for the request, and I hope it was good enough! Have a wonderful day everyone!