CHAPTER 2- Harry Styles

Running. Running past the trees. I was gasping for air, but I wouldn't slow down. I wouldn't let it get me. Couldn't let it get me. My mind hardley prcessed my surroundings, all was a blur. The only thing clear to me is that if I stopped running I'd die. Suddenly, an unseen branch trips me. As I lay, defeated, on the ground, a shadow evelops me...

I wake in a cold sweat, panting. Damnit. That was the third time in a row I've had that nightmare! What's the matter with me? I never got nightmares... well, at least not until after Devon. There was something different about that nighmare, though. Never before had I ever fallen. Usually it ends while I'm still running, which means the entire dream I'm in a panic. How lovely.

Sitting up, I glace towards the alarm clock on my nightstand. 11:04. Woah, that's ealier than expected. Also with these dreams, they tend to end around 2:30 in the morning. Also lovely, right? Running my hands along my face, I groaned. How delusional was I to think that by moving away things would be different? I should have known better than to expect the memories to fade. Sadly, they were still as sharp as a blade. Maybe I'd go for a walk, keep those memories at bay. Yeah, fresh air will do me good.

Standing, I throw on a sweatshirt and some jeans, quietly as I could, not to wake my roommate, Angela. As quiet as I can, I make my way down the hallway and into the living room. The living room in our apartment connected pretty much every room, with a hallway that lead to the bedrooms and a bathroom and a doorway that leads to the kitchen. The front door was also located in this room. I grabbed my phone before I left, just incase one of my friends woke up and found me missing. Then, I escaped the building and walked down the deserted London avenue. It was quite peaceful. The moon looming overhead gave just enough light for me to see the quiet street. I was actually happy I decided to go for this walk. Suddenly, I slammed into someone and let out a yelp of fear. I hadn't seen anyone on this street! I looked up (I was looking up because the force at which I had hit this person, I was knocked to the ground) to see who exactly was out here with me, and was shocked to find that the poor soul I slammed into was the Harry Styles.

*Harry's point of view an hour before*

If I didn't get out of this flat soon I'm going t go stir crazy. That was the only thought that was coherent in my sleepy mind, and it was true. Unlike the boys, who were easily entertained by the video game they were playing, I felt the need to leave this hot and stuffy place and breathe the cool night air. I watched the boys as I contemplated leaving the flat for a bit. Zayn and Lou were playing some war game, Lou continuously moaning in disappointment as shots rang out. Niall was chuckling at the defeated Lou, and Liam didn't even seem to be paying attention to them, instead had his head burried in his phone. Probably texting Dani.

Would it be that terrible if I left for a bit and went for a walk? I mean, it's what... 11:00? No girls were going to be hanging out outside at this hour. And if they are, well, I'll wear a hoodie. Yes, that's what I'll do. I'll go for a walk in my hoodie.

"I'm gonna go for a walk, guys." I announced. This seemed to catch Liam's attention, as his head shot up from his phone and his eyebrows shot upward. "Um... are you sure that's such a great idea?" he asked, giving me his "Stern-Father-Laying-Down-The-Law" look that almost made me laugh at his predictability. I rolled my eyes and murmured, "Yes, Daddy." Quickly, I grabbed my jumper and ducked out of the room, before I gave Liam time to stop me. I only paused when I exited the flat, taking a moment to be satisfied with the fact that I managed to get myself out of that stuffy place. Then, I left the hallway and entered the elevator, pressing the botton that took me to the lobby.

Once I was outside, I took a deep, long breath. The streets were empty, and for some odd reason this had a calming effect on me. Maybe it was because I was so used to being surrounded with people, if not fans than bodyguards, if not bodygaurds the boys; ect. It was nice to have time to myself, to be able to think to myself and just not be surrounded by anyone for one moment.

As that thought entered my brain, I was struck in the side by a figure I had not noticed until then. The person had knocked me off balance and I staggered, but I caught my balance before I fell. Unfortunatley, the figure did not have my luck and fell to the ground. I looked to see if this person was alright, and found that it was a girl. She was short and thin, and extremely fit. Her long light brown hair was left undone, and she was just gorgeous in a natural sort of way. She caught me off guard, and I wasn't able to say a word. Making it worse, she glanced upward, her beautiful hazel eyes meeting mine for a moment, and in that moment something was triggered in my heart. Finally, I was able to swallow and say, "Are you alright?" Thankfully, she nodded, and I reached out my hand to help her up. She warrily glanced from my hand to my face for a moment, but soon took it. Her had was soft and cool, and fit perfectly agaisnt mine. "Thank you..." she said, her voice sweet and small.

After an awkward pause, she said, "Well, goodbye" quickly, surprising me. Usually girls would begin to fangirl at this point, or at the very least ask for an autograph. She was just going to leave? She began to walk away, but I grabbed her wrist and said, "Wait!". She looked back at me, alarmed, and I quickly dropped her hand. "What's your name?" I asked sheepishly, mentally kicking myself for looking like a fool. "Amber" she answered, then turned the street corner and left me. Amber. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

*Amber's point of veiw*

As I turnd the street corner I cringed to myself. Oh, how I probably looked insane, running off from him like a freak. Damn. I pondered what I felt out there with him. How he managed to affect me so quickly.I didn't like to admit that his touch dent shivers down my spine. Because I couldn't feel this way. I wouldn't feel this way.

I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for another, and that is not a promise I am willing to break.

******

Yay!! I finally finished this chapter!! I'm going to try to make Amber have some more personality in her next chapters, because I feel like she's not very easy to relate to, or easy to like. Also, I'm gonna try to have her friends be more in the story, and give them some personality too! Cause who likes boring characters? No one! Thanks for reading, love you all!!

(BTW- mockingjaycouture made this cover!! Please fan her, she's great!!