INTRODUCTION

I found my seat on the plane. It was a window seat, which was great, one of my favorites. I remembered months ago I was on another plane, looking foward to going to London. Actually, I planned on never looking back. Never going home for any reason at all, because all I knew there was pain. But home was the only place I knew to go now. I wanted to be comforted by my mother, just to be held in unconditional love. I didn't want to think about my broken heart. And my broken promise. The thing was, then I had thought by breaking that promise I would be fixing myself. I was so completely wrong. Instead, I let myself get to the point of no return, and now must live in my misery for probably the rest of my life.

These depressing thoughts sent me into another round of sobs. I ignored the other passengers staring at me. I really didn't care right now. Suddeny, a soft and comforting hand was placed on my shoulder. Looking up, I found the hand belonged to an old woman, of whom was sitting in the aisle seat in my row. "Sweatheart," she said in an old soft voice, "would you mind telling me what is the matter?" I looked at this woman. Her face was lined in wrinkles from her age, and her hair was white and thining. She had a motherly look to her though, that would make a person instantly trust her. I took a deep breath, wondering why I suddenly wanted to divulge my woes to this woman. "It's a long story..." I warned, secretly hoping that the information wouldn't scare her waway, because I really needed someone to talk to."It's a long plane ride" she anwered with a smile.

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I began my story, that coincidently started on an airplane...