CHAPTER TWELVE

Bodies dropped to the ground. I smiled in relief when I saw all the members of my family, my friends and my allies were all right. My eyes locked on the figure that is my husband. He eyes was searching around the warehouse and I instinctively knew he was looking for me, just I had him. When our eyes finally locked, the smile on his face was blinding. I’m sure I mirrored him. My feet moved of their own accord and I started running to the love of my life. He caught me expertly. I wrapped my arms around him, unbelievably happy and never planning to let go of him again.

“It’s over. It’s finally over.” I breathed into his neck where I laid my head to rest. His scent, his warmth and the love radiating of him for me was filling me with warmth and I sighed in content, happy that it’s finally over. 

“It is.” He confirmed and I sagged against him in relief, my brain and body finally believing it with his words.

“Sam?”A small voice called out to me and let go of my husband. I spotted the kid, throwing a soft smile to him. “Is it over? Are you safe?” My heart melted at the obvious innocence of the young werewolf. Luke must have told him that I was in trouble.

“It is kiddo.” I promised him with a nod, walking forward and ruffling his hair. He frowned at me.

“I am not a kid.” Aiden objected, puffing out his chest.

“Sure.” I snorted with a chuckle. I saw him open his mouth to object once again when a panicked voice called my name. I turned to the source and saw it was Izzie, kneeling over my still unconscious brother. Horror filled me as I realized that I had momentarily forgotten my brother. Sprinting to the duo that was my parabatai and my blonde brother, terror filled me. He should have woken up by now. What has Jonathan done to him? 

I kneeled next to him, tears falling from my eyes freely as I felt his cold skin. But his soul was still in his body, as strong as it’s ever been. This is good, this means that he can still be saved. It was Izzie that spoke again, “Can’t you heal him like you did with Alec?”

I shook my head, tears falling even more. I took a deep breath, wiping my tears. “No, I used all of the power to kill the Shadowhunters. I don’t have anything.”

“I can help.” Magnus offered from behind me. “He is very weak, but still able to be saved, I’ll need some ingredients that I have in my apartment.”

“We’ll bring him.” Alec agreed. I stood up and we picked up Jace. Alec and Clary each took a leg, Izzie and I each took a shoulder. The High Warlock of Brooklyn opened a portal for us and we stepped through it, thinking of Magnus’ apartment. The four of us walked into a expensive and colorful looking apartment and it screamed the glitter man also known as Magnus Bane.

The warlock wasn’t far behind us and he ordered us to take my brother to the room Alec recovered in. We laid him gently on the bed and left the room as Magnus told us to leave as he needed to concentrate. I was surprised to find Imogen standing in the living room as well.

“How is he?” She asked, her voice gentler than I’ve ever heard it before.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. Magnus is about to work his magic.” She nodded and I looked around the room, spotting Alec sitting on a couch, Clary pacing up and down, Luke sitting on the couch opposite my husband, Izzie sitting next to Luke and Simon standing behind her. I smiled slightly, they make a cute couple. I knew the seat next to Alec was left open for me. I sat down and my lover placed his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to his side and gave me a kiss to the temple.

The waiting was torturous. Seconds turned into minute and minutes turned into hours. But it didn’t feel like minutes or hours. It felt like it was a long second, stretched out into forever. And the second just didn’t want to tick by. Izzie and Clary took turns making coffee for the others and tea for me, I prefer sweet tea to coffee. They also made sandwiches but neither me or Alec could get anything down our throats except for coffee and tea, respectively. The one thing that stood out to me in all of the hours was that no one left, everyone stayed and waited with us.