The DA

Arianna POV

"We need to do something or Umbitch will take over the school". I said as I saw Umbridge walking down the corridor with a nasty smile on her face.

" What can we do?" Hermione whispered.

"We could start a club sorta! and Harry could teach us because you know he's faced You-Know-Who! All we have to do is get more people and make Harry agree, which i think i could do!" I said excitedly!

"Alright then! I'll tell Ginny!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry had come back from another detention and his hand was trembling. Mione had the essence ready and was dabbing on Harry's hand. Me and Ron were just looking.

"I still reckon you should tell McGonagall about this," said Ron in a low voice.

"No," said Harry flatly.

"Mcgonagall would go nuts if she knew-"

"She probably would." Harry replied. "And how long do you reckon it'd take Umbridge to pass another degree saying anyone who complains about the high inquisitor gets sacked immediately?"

Ron opened his mouth to retort but closed it again, defeated.

"We've got to do something. In fact Me and Mione were saying to Ron the same thing when you came in." I said.

"I suggested poison," Ron said.

"Maybe it's time to learn DADA on our own, since Umbridge isn't going to do it at all!" I said.

"More work? Do you realise how much homework we have to do? And it's only our second week!" Ron retorted.

"It's more important than homework!" Mione said.

Harry and Ron goggled at her.

"I never thought I would hear Mione say that something is more important that homework." Ron said.

"That's not the point! We need to learn how to defend ourselves! If we don't, we can't face him then!" Mione replied.

"Who would teach us then?" Harry asked.

"You would, Harry! Think of it! You are the best student at DADA, you can produce a patronus, and moreover you have already faced Voldemort!" I said enthusiastically

Harry stared at me.Then he turned to Ron, ready to exchange the look when Mione spoke about SPEW but instead found himself looking into Ron's thoughtful face. "That's an idea."

"What's an idea?" said Harry.

"You," said Ron. "Teaching us to do it."

"But . . ." Harry was grinning now, sure the trio were pulling his leg.

"But I'm not a teacher, I can't -"

"Harry, you're the best in the year at Defense Against the Dark Arts." I said. "Or that's what Mione tells me."

"Me?" said Harry, now grinning more broadly than ever. "No I'm

not, Hermione has beaten me in every test -"

"Actually, I haven't," said Hermione coolly. "You beat me in our third year - the only year we both sat the test and had a teacher who actually knew the subject. But I'm not talking about test results, Harry. Look what you've done!"

"How d'you mean?"

"You know what, I'm not sure I want someone this stupid teaching me," Ron said to us, smirking slightly. He turned to Harry."Let's think," he said, pulling a face like Goyle concentrating. "Uh . . .first year - you saved the Stone from You-Know-Who."

"But that was luck," said Harry, "that wasn't skill -"

"Second year," Mione continued, "you had killed the basilik and destroyed riddle."

"If Fawkes hadn't come and saved me-"

"Third year." I continued. "From what Ron has told me, you fought off a hundred dementors all at once and rescued my dad."

"It was all the time turner guys-"

"And last year." said Ron fiercely, "You had fought and escaped Voldemort-"

"Listen to me!" said Harry, almost angrily, because we all were smirking now. "Just listen to me, all right? It sounds great when you say it like that, but all that stuff was luck - I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I didn't plan any of it, I just did whatever I could think of, and I nearly always had help -"

"Don't sit there grinning like you know better than I do, I was there, wasn't I?" he said heatedly. "I know what went on, all right? And I didn't get through any of that because I was brilliant at Defense Against the Dark Arts, I got through it all because - because help came at the right time, or because I guessed right - but I just blundered through it all, STOP LAUGHING!"

The bowl of murtlap had fallen to the ground and Harry had got up. Crookshanks who was playing on the ground went and hid somewhere. My smirk had vanished and I'm pretty sure the others had stopped laughing.

"You don't know what it's like! You - neither of you - you've never had to face him, have you? You think it's just memorizing a bunch of spells and throwing them at him, like you're in class or something? The whole time you know there's nothing between you and dying except you're own - your own brain or guts or whatever - like you can think straight when you know that you're a second from being tortured or murdered , or watching your friends die - they've never taught us that in their classes, what it's like to deal with things like that - and you two sit there acting like I'm a clever little boy to be standing here, alive, like Diggory was stupid, like he messed up - you just don't get it, that could just as easily have been me, it would have been if Voldemort hadn't needed me -"

"We weren't saying anything like that, mate," said Ron, looking aghast. "We weren't having a go at Diggory, we didn't - you've got the wrong end of the -"

He looked helplessly at Hermione, whose face was stricken.

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This . . . this is exactly why we need you.... We need to know how to r- really fight V-Voldemort." Still breathing hard, Harry sank back into his chair, his hand shaking.

"Well . . . think about it," I said quietly. "Please?"

He nodded.

Hermione stood up.

"Well, I'm off to bed," she said in a voice that was clearly as natural as she could make it. "Are you coming, Ari?"

"In a moment." I replied

Ron had gotten to his feet too.

"Coming?" he said awkwardly to Harry.

"Yeah," said Harry. "In . . . in a minute. I'll just clear this up." He indicated the smashed bowl on the floor. Ron nodded and left. "Reparo," Harry muttered, pointing his wand at the broken pieces. His hand was still shaking. I quickly went to my dorm and got the other batch of murtlap near my bedtable and saw Mione had already slipped into bed. I quickly went down again and saw Harry still staring at the bowl. I went up to the table and placed the bowl in front of him.

"Dip." I said lightly when he turned around to look at me.

"Thanks." he said.

"I wanted to say thanks.... you know for saving dad." I started awkwardly not thinking of a better thing to say.

"Not needed. You should havethanked Mione. She had the time turner."

"Kay then. Bye Harry."

"Bye."

I quickly went up the stairs and changed into my night wear and slipped into bed, praying that tomorrow would be better. But knowing Umbridge, it probably wouldn't.