11 - Passing 101 (FtM)

This chapter consists of tips on passing as male. 

   ~ Shop in the men's section if you can. The men's section has baggier clothes that hide your curves. Men's pants are the bomb, and flannels and button downs are a transdude's best friend, especially when binding. I know, my wardrobe consists of nothing but flannels, a few T-shirts, and black jeans from Urban Outfitters. Flannels are also good because they keep you warm in the winter. ^-^

 If you can't shop in the men's section, try finding something gender neutral, because women's clothing was designed to show curves. 

   ~ If you don't have a binder, wear baggy clothes. Oversized hoodies are the bomb, whether it's in the fall, the height of winter, or if you don't have a binder. Oversized hoodies basically hide your boobs. 

   ~ Cut your hair short. Try to find something masculine to cut your hair to. If you can't get it cut masculinely, try cutting it androgynously. And if your phobic 'rents won't let you cut it at all, well, idk what to tell you other than that sometimes you gotta say fuck the haters. I had a friend who didn't want me to cut my hair but i did anyway because he doesn't control my life, only I do. 

   ~ Try to deepen your voice. Mine is naturally deep but i still try to talk in a deeper voice. You could do the same, talk in a deep voice. And I'm not talking about trying to impersonate someone, no, im talking as deep as you are humanly able to. 

   ~ Heavy shoes and walking. Guys kinda have a swagger to their walk, and i find that my heavy boots gives my walk a masculine kind of walk. They're Harley Davidson biker boots, worth $100-$300, but my friend got them at Goodwill for like $30. Workboots that those construction dudes wear work too. Females also tend to put one foot in front of the other when they walk, so try practicing keeping your feet apart and not one in front of the other.

Last updated: 8/27/18