20 - Making Your First Endocrinologist Appointment

I adulted today (2/1/19) and made an appointment with the endocrinologist so I can begin the process of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).

Some people go through a gender therapist before going to an endo. But others go straight to the endo. The starting process is different for everyone. 

If you're eighteen and you decide to go straight to the endo, some women's clinics, such as Planned Parenthood, provide hormone replacement therapy. If you live in Maine, there are three Maine Family Planning offices that offer it. 

I do live in Maine, but I contacted Planned Parenthood anyway. Here, Planned Parenthood was open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. When you call, they're going to ask your name, your date of birth (to confirm that you're eighteen), if you have insurance and what date works for you. I'd suggest making sure that your schedule will work with your family or whoever your ride/support is. My mom is working the day of my appointment but my dad is usually free. 

Also, when I called them, I told them that I was interested in hormone replacement therapy. Basically state the reason you're calling them. A woman will usually answer the phone, since it's a women's health clinic and women usually feel more comfortable talking to someone who's also a woman.

I hope this helps some of y'all!