Chapter One - Man with the key is king.

~Moriarty's POV~

"The man with the key is king, and honey you should see me in a crown!" I said in a sing song voice to Sherlock after I'd taken a sip of my tea. I sat in Sherlock's apartment. Sherlock looked at me, his eyes squinting.

"You were advertising in the trial. Showing the world what you could do." Sherlock concluded.

I smirked. "And you were helping. Big client list: rogue governments, intelligence communities ... terrorist cells. They all want me." At this point I had an apple and took a bite of it. "Suddenly, I’m Mr Sex." I said, smirking again

"If you could break any bank, what do you care about the highest bidder?"  Sherlock asked drumming his fingers together.

"I don’t. I just like to watch them all competing. “Daddy loves me the best!” Aren’t ordinary people adorable? Well, you know, you’ve got John. I should get myself a live-in one." I thought looking up to the ceiling.

"Why are you doing all of this?"

I still thought about having a live-in ordinary one. "It’d be so funny." I said to myself.

Sherlock dismissed this and carried on. "You don’t want money or power – not really."

I dug the point of my penknife into the apple.

"What is it all for?" Sherlock asked.

I sat forward. "I want to solve the problem – our problem; the final problem." I looked down at the floor. "It’s gonna start very soon, Sherlock: the fall." I raised my head and whistled a slowly descending note gradually looking down toward the floor. "But don’t be scared. Fallings just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination." I raised my head slowly,glowering at Sherlock. He stood up and buttoned his jacket.

"Never liked riddles." Sherlock muttered. I stood and straightened my jacked and locked my gaze onto Sherlock's eyes.

"Learn to. Because I owe you a fall, Sherlock. I ... owe ... you." I told him. I gazed at Sherlock a little longer to seal my promise. From the corner of my eye, I see Sherlock gaze at the apple that has I O U carved into it. He picked up the apple an examines it. I grin to myself and leave.

As I leave 221B baker street, I turn and head down the street. 'A live-in one' I think to myself. 'Maybe I should get a live-in one'.