Chapter Twenty Four - Gone Part 2

~Moriarty~

"I can still prove that you created an entirely false identity." Sherlock said a turning to face me.

"Oh, just kill yourself. It's a lot less effort." I said with exasperation. "Go on. For me." I asked. "Pleeeeeeease?" I said in a high pitched tone.

In sudden movement, Sherlock grabbed me by the collar of my coat with both his hands and skin me round so I was hanging over the edge of the roof. He shoved me back one more and said, "Your insane"

"Your just getting that now?" I blinked at him. Sherlock solved me further back, holding me right over the edge. I gazed back at him, feeling no fear, as I held my seems out wife committing myself to Sherlock's grasp. "Okay, let me give you a little extra incentive. Your friends will die if you don't" I told him.

"John." Sherlock realized.

"Not just John. Everyone" I whispered.

"Mrs Hudson."

"Everyone."

"Lestrade."

"Three bullets; Three gunmen; Three victims. There's no stopping them now." I said sadistically.

Sherlock gazed past me breathing heavily with a look if horror on his face. I shook myself free of his grasp and smiled triumphantly.

"What about my sister, Jim. What about her?" He asked quickly turning to me. I frowned and swallowed before saying, "What about her? What?"

"What did you do to her yesterday? Is she alright?" He said determined to get an answer out of me.

A massive grin grew on my face as I remembered what I had done to her yesterday. "She's fine, Sherlock. She was, let's say, very satisfied with our discussion."

"Where is she now?" He asked quickly.

"Probably on her way to your flat, Sherlock." I imagined she'd do that anyway.

Sherlock didn't answer me. I sighed. "You can have me arrested; you can torture me; you can do anything you like with me; but nothing's gonna prevent them from pulling the trigger. Your only three friends in the world will die ... unless ..."

"... unless I kill myself - complete your story." Sherlock finished.

I nodded and smiled at him. "You've gotta admit that's sexier."

"And I die in disgrace." He said, gazing at the view.

"Of course. That's the point of this." I looked over the edge and saw somebody stop at the benches near the bus stop below, and there was several other people in the vicinity. "Oh, you've got an audience now. Off you pop." I shed, "Go on."

Sherlock slowly stepped past me and up onto the ledge. I heard his breathing became more shaky as he looked down.

"I told you how this ends. Your death is the only thing that's gonna call off the killers. I'm certainly not gonna do it." I looked up at Sherlock, waiting for him to jump.

"Would you give me ... one moment, please; one moment of privacy?" He asked. He glanced down at me. "Please?"

I had to admit, I was disappointed that Sherlock could be so ordinary.

"Of course." I said, walking away from him.

I hear Sherlock begin to chuckle. I spam around furiously. "What? What did I miss?" I asked angrily. Sherlock hopped of the ledge and walked closer to me.

""You're not going to do it." So the killers can be called off, then - there's a recall code or a word or a number. I don't have to die," his voice became a sing-song, "if I've got you."