Chapter Twelve - Not Moriarty, just Jim.

I sat outside and waited, and waited and waited until the doctors had given Moria- I mean Jim the permission to go home.

I, of course, took him home. We sat in the taxi and he seemed so distant. Like I was just a stranger helping him. He gave me the occasional glance but he seemed like a whole new person. To be perfectly honest, I kind of missed the old Moriarty. Only because he actually new who I was. Now, I must seem like another person in the world who he knows nothing about.

Once we got to his house, he asked me questions like:

'Is this my house!?" - He was probably shocked at how big it was.

"Are you sure this is my house?" - I laughed at that one.

Maybe the new Jim wasn't so bad.

I stayed with him, the rest of the day. We got to know each other as though we met for the first time. Well, it was surprising he could remember some things from childhood, but he seemed to have forgotten recent things.

It began to get late. "Well, it was really nice talking to you Jim. I hope you get better soon."

"No, wait. Please stay here Charlotte. Until I feel better?" He asked sweetly. I smiled softly and said, "Okay." I sat back down and we talked again for hours.

Moriarty fell asleep curled up on the edge of the sofa in his living room where we were talking. I ran to my room (the guest room he put me in) and grabbed a blanket. I wrapped him up in it, kissed his forehead and sat in the armchair opposite and fell asleep also.

He wasn't Moriarty anymore, just Jim.

..................................

I woke up suddenly and looked at the silver clock hanging on the wall above the fireplace. 9:30am. I looked towards Jim and he was still asleep.

I remembered what he used to eat for breakfast. Egg and toast. I got up and walked to the kitchen. Everything looked so brand new and modern.

'Good luck!' I said to myself. I wasn't a great cook at the beat of times, let alone with all these modern ovens and shizz...

................................

I placed the eggs carefully on top of the toast and poured a glass of orange juice for him. I then placed it on a tray and brought it into him.

He was awake by now and when he woke he smiled and said, "You made me breakfast. you didn't have to Charlotte." He took the tray and grinned. "My favorite." He then began to eat...