Chapter Eight - Desert

~Charlotte~

"Sherlock Holmes" He laughed.

"Do you know him?" I persisted.

Moriarty grinned a sinister grin and set his cutlery on his plate , pushing his plate to one side. He leant back into his chair and took a piece of gum from his pocket and carefully placed it into his mouth, oh so seductively. "Sherlock is a little friend of mine dearie. We have had quite a few encounters already. How do you know him?"

"I don't. I heard someone talk about him and I thought you'd know." I lied.

The waiter came in and too our plates. "Any deserts for you sir?"

Moriarty didn't look away from me as he said, "No. Not tonight."

He smirked and got up from his seat. He strolled over to me and bent down to whisper in my ear. "Unless...you wanted desert" I didn't answer. "Kitten?" He lingered waiting for an answer.

His hot breath gave me chills as he leant so close. "I'm not hungry for desert." I replied swallowing nervously.

He stood upright. "Shame. It could've been so...tempting and... delicioussssss." He sounded like a snake wanting to go in for the kill. Like he was my predator and I was his prey.

"Another time perhaps." I said trying to show no emotions whatsoever. I knew exactly what he was getting at. I wasn't going to make the same mistake in "trusting" him again.

I knew nothing about this man. Who is James Moriarty? What does he do? What is his purpose? Why is he like he is? What is his job?

"James-" I was cut off my Moriarty's loud interruption.

"Never. Use. My. First. Name" He said bluntly. "Got that Kitten?" He purred, making me shiver.

I nodded and he walked off. I wanted to call him back, simply to just be in his presence but he was gone.