Chapter Twenty - Explanations

~Charlotte~

"Charlotte! Where are you?" Sherlock called running up the stairs.

"On the sofa." I replied as I read my book.

"Moriarty told me to tell you he wants you to go to his house. He wants to speak with you." Sherlock said. "You shouldn't go, it could be dangerous." He pleaded.

"He really said that?" I asked standing up and grabbing my coat.

"Yes, but don't go." I ignored him and walked down the stairs. "Charlotte!" he called after me.

'If you really didn't war me to go you would be chasing after me' I thought to myself. I held my arm out for a taxi and gave the driver the address.

"Here goes nothing." I mumbled.

Once I arrived I knocked on the big doors that were the entrance to his home and a maid I hadn't seen before came and answered. "Hello. Moriarty has requested I see him."

"Oh yes come this way miss." She shut the door and I followed her up the stairs, even though I already knew where I was going.

She knocked on his office door and said,"Charlotte is here, sir."

"Great. She may come in." I heard his voice say. It didn't sound so sweet and innocent anymore, it sounded just as it did the first time I met him.

I walked inside and the maid shut the door behind me. I sat on a chair in front of his desk and said,"So, what did you want me for?"

"I want to explain Charlotte."

"Go on then." I gestured.

"Okay. Know that I love you and I always will." He began. I nodded, accepting his statement. "A man named Magnussen-"

"I know who he is" I said quickly.

"You know this man?" He asked.

"He said he'd pay us a visit on our wedding day. He said he'd pay you a visit. He said a lot of things. Carry on." I explained.

"Well, okay. He did pay me a visit and he reminded me who I was before the accident. I only suffered from a mild amnesia. Telling me my last would have always made me remember. Magnussen did just that. He told me if I didn't return to being Moriarty, he'd take you. He'd punish me by hurting you. I had to Charlotte. I couldn't marry you then. I couldn't ever let you get hurt. Ever." I believed him. I trusted him. Even now. But, do I want to be in a relationship with a criminal?

"James. I understand. I just wish you would have told me sooner. We could have canceled before we got to the ceremony." I suggested.

"I know, but I thought I could handle it. I guess deep down I felt I couldn't handle any of it."

We sat in silence for a couple of seconds until I said,"So, your back to being the consulting criminal are we?"

"I'm sorry." He said. Everything seemed so tense. I may have cried yesterday but I was strong and I learn to forgive and forget. Even if it was a huge day in my life. There'll be other opportunities.

"Charlotte? Will you still be mine? Please?" He asked leaning forward.

"I don't know if I could be in love with a criminal." Lie. Of course I can be in love with him. Its the fear of getting caught because he's a criminal, I don't know what he's capable of when he's Moriarty.

He stood up and said,"Of course you can, Kitten." He suddenly looked like he was reading my every move. His eyes were wide with desire and I didn't know what to expect from him.

"Kitten, in my innocent state, we never really had a proper session, did we?" Woah. The mood has changed. Incredibly fast.

"A what?" I said getting up and grabbing my coat. I seriously wasn't in the mood right now. I headed for the door.

"You know exactly what I mean." He said pushing his hand in the door preventing me from opening it...