Chapter Twenty Seven - Breathless

~Charlotte~

"Well, hello there." He said scanning me up and down. I looked at Sebastian for help and he said, "Adelle Slavina. A close friend of mine."

No, Sebastian no. He knows me, he's going to know we are lying!

He smiled and took my hand. I forced a smile as he kissed it. Even the thought of him touching me made me wince and feel sick. "Magnussen. The pleasure, is all mine. Adelle." He said looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, well we better be off." Sebastian said quickly turning me away from him. I looked back and Magnussen shook his head in disapproval.

I looked at Sebastian. "Do you know that man?"

"Yes, I hate him. I really wish I didn't know him. He's a blackmailer. Anyone who crosses his party really shouldn't. He's vile." He told me grabbing me tighter as we weaved through the people.

"You got that right." I muttered.

We went outside on a large patio. We stood near the railing, looking out upon a lake that was behind the mansion. "So, what's my surprise?" I asked Sebastian.

"Surprise, well I think I can show you now. But you may not take it so well."

"So it's a bad surprise?" I asked confused by his statement.

"No, well I don't know how you'd react to the situation so we best find out." He said leading me back inside.

Suddenly, a phone rang from inside my purse. I opened it and it was my phone. But how did it get in there?

"Uh, Sebastian? How did my phone get in my purse?"

"You forgot to take it out of your jeans while you were getting dressed so I took the liberty of putting it in there for you."

"Uh, thanks, I guess."

"You gonna answer that?"

I looked down at the phone and I saw the name, 'JOHN WATSON'

I took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"Hello, John are you alright?" I answered.

"Am I alright? Ha no. Where are you?"

"I'm, uh," Sebastian pointed to himself. "I'm at a friends house?" I said looking at Sebastian. He nodded, that was obviously what he meant for me to say.

"Why are you at a friends house? Why?" He sounded really pissed off.

"I don't know. I needed closure I guess. It's hard for me as well John." I walked outside and sat on a bench overlooking the lake.

"Yes, I understand that. Charlotte listen. Your brother-" His voice cracked and he began to cry.

"No, John, Please don't get upset like this. I know this is hard. I know, he was your best friend. We'll get through this."

"I just don't know anymore. Why would he do this to us? Did y-you hear? J-James k-killed himself as- as well."

"John, I know. I dont-" I paused as I tried to control my emotions. "He's not important."

Sebastian handed me a note. It said something on it. He wanted me to read it aloud to John.

"John?"

"Yes, Charlotte." He said, his voice slowly returning to it's normal state.

I read the note. "I'm going to travel with my friend to Italy. We - I feel I could deal with it better if I wasn't around here." I really didn't know whether I was leaving or not, but I felt so bad for John. "I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise." I added.

Sebastian rubbed my back affectionately.

"OK. Alright. I see." He replied.

"I'm so sorry John. Please do one thing for me?"

"Yes?"

"Stay strong. Because your one of the strongest people I've ever met. I admire that."

"Yeah, thanks Charlotte."

"Goodbye John."

"Bye Charlotte."

I put the phone back in my purse and breathed in the fresh air.

"You okay?" Sebastian asked.

"Fine. Let's go back inside now. Shall we?" I said getting up.

"If your sure?"

"Yes I need a drink?" I answered walking inside.

I walked over through to a lounge and ordered myself a glass of water. I drank some and turned around to see if Sebastian was there.

However, as I turned around I dropped my glass on the floor in sheer terror.

There, standing in front of me, was none other than James Moriarty.