Chapter Thirty Five - Discovered

Three weeks later...

~Charlotte~

After the operation James and I decided to stay in London. I really couldn't believe that I was pregnant. I should've checked. I shouldn't have been so stupid.

I waited for James to get home while I read the newspaper.

Once he got home he looked so angry.

"James what happened?" I asked following him into his office.

He just looked at me then the his suitcase on the desk. He brought his phone out and began to do something on it.

"James. What's wrong?" I asked firmly. He sighed and handed me the phone. The message that Magnussen sent him was on there. I swear I had deleted that message one night.

"Oh my God. I thought you-" I was cut off by his outburst of rage.

"You thought I'd forgotten, didn't you? Well you were right, I was drunk that night and I forgot all about it. It was only today that I looked through my deleted files that I find this message. Why did you delete it? And why didn't you tell me?" He said taking his phone back and slamming it on the table.

"James, it was nothing. I didn't want you to worry." I said feeling rather scared. He had never been so angry before.

"Okay, so who else knows about this?" Just as he said that, Sebastian walked in to ask if everything was alright. "Did you know about this?" James asked.

He handed Sebastian his phone. I bit my lip as he read the message. His face dropped as he handed back James' phone.

"Yes boss. I'm sorry." He said.

"Right, so you two have your little secrets and I'm the last one to know, huh?" James yelled. "Let's see. What else have you been keeping quiet, huh?"

I looked at Sebastian. He looked at me and said, "There's nothing going on, I swear boss."

"When did this happen?" He asked looking at me with a hard stare.

"The day before I went to hospital." I mumbled.

"I'm so disappointed in you. Why wouldn't you tell me? Why would you go behind my back and try to hide it?"

"James, I'm sorry, I didn't want you to worry about it. We haven't heard from him in weeks. I think we're should just drop it. Please." I said walking over to him.

"No. He's going to pay for what he did. He's not going to get away with it." He said moving away from me.

"Boss, come on it wasn't her fault." Sebastian said trying to reason with him.

"No, but you have a duty Moran. You need to tell me everything, is that not what we agreed when I gave you the job?"

"Yes boss."

"Tell me why you kept it a secret. What compelled you to do so?" James asked aggressively.

"Boss, I-"

"What made you keep it a secret." James said firmly.

"I don't know, boss."

"Get out, Moran. Go and do something useful." James sighed. "In fact, go and pick up that new girl."

Sebastian nodded and retreated from the room.

James sat at his desk and opened his suitcase pulling out some files. I stood in front of him. "James, what new girl?" I asked.

He sighed putting his papers down. "She's going to be a new maid. She'll do everything around here. Happy?"

"James, I, please don't be mad at me. I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Charlotte, I love you more than anything. I just don't like other people touching my things. Especially my girlfriend. Do you understand why I was so angry?" I asked getting up and strolling towards me.

"I understand, James. Of course I do." I answered.

"Good." He said. "We'll put an end to this I promise. Let's drop it for now, I have something I want to talk to you about later."

"Okay." I answered. I kissed his cheek and left the room.

Geez, that was intense!.....