Chapter Seven - Thunder & Lightning

~Charlotte~

During the course of the evening, it began to rain. Then that rain turned into a thunder storm. I was called for dinner and the dining hall was big. Well, obviously, he lives in a country mansion. Anyway, it was huge. The room was filled with six large windows on either side with red velvet curtains. The table was very long with a red velvet cloth draped over it to match the curtains. There was a chandelier hanging above the center of the table.

Moriarty sat at the head of the table. He had his head turned to the windows. The curtains were open and he was watching the rain. I sat at a chair in the middle of the table and waited. I could smell the food, and it smelt lovely. To be perfectly honest, I was looking forward to this meal.

"Ahem." I coughed loudly. Moriarty hadn't looked away from the window since I came. He still didn't turn around. "Hellooo."

He finally turned around.

~Moriarty~

"Hellooo" The girl said. I knew she was here. She didn't have to make herself clear. I turned to face her.

"Well?" She asked as though I'd forgotten something.

"What do you expect. Your here. I knew you'd be." I didn't care whether she was here or not. I just knew she'd want to join me for dinner.

The waiter brought in our food and we began to ate.

Word's ran dry, speech disappeared into silence. The only sound I could hear was the rain and the clashing of cutlery on plates.

"So," Charlotte began, "What exactly am I "assisting you for" She said before taking a mouthful of food.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I said bluntly.

"Do you know who Sherlock Holmes is?" She asked suddenly.

I choked slightly on my food, then wiped my lips. "Sherlock Holmes." I laughed.