t w e n t y - t w o

Rose's POV
~still twelve days before~

"Who is it?" he hissed.

I gulped and shook my head. I didn't want to lose my chance of getting this job. It's the only thing I've ever excelled at doing. Well, it used to.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Darnella." he whispered in a rather harsh tone.

I shook my head harder.

"Just tell me god damn it!" he yelled as his grip on my arm got tighter.

His huge hand was wrapped around my left arm and it started to hurt. I stayed quiet. At this point, I was sure that I'll be kicked out of his house and I'll have to find some cheap motel to stay in so that I still would have money to survive.

He let go of his hand and regret was plastered across his face. My arm was bruising! Fantastic, yeah? I winced at the burning pain, not knowing that it would make Ethan will worse. We just stood there staring into each others eyes.

After a while, Ethan looked away and called it a day since he couldn't get me to talk. Something told me that he wasn't used to people disobeying him. Especially people like me.

Apparently, I was staying in his room so he took Grayson's room which was the master bedroom. I felt a little awkward so I locked myself in his room and began texting Lia.

iMessage

me: hey

Lia: hiiiiiiii

me: are you free to talk for a little?

Lia: what's wrong?

me: uhm my "boss's" son is in my apartment

Lia:
uh, why?

is he hot?

or is he cute?

me: i'll send you a picture later but he's pissed

Lia: ahw, what happened?

me:
well, i didn't want to tell him about sullivan

that's why im in sicily, remember?

Lia:
oh yeah

what're you going to do?

why can't you just tell him?

me: because my "boss" told me not to

Lia: ohh

me:
basically, my boss lied to me

he told me that the apartment belongs to him

he didn't mention that the apartment was bought by his two sons which clearly means that the apartment doesn't belong to him to a certain extend.

Lia: just tell him, then

me: i might lose my job

Lia: didn't you tell me that you liked this dude?

me: well, yeah

Lia:
tell him

it's going to ruin your relationship with him

me:
its either my relationship with the dude or my future job

did you forget that i used my college savings to buy my groceries for the past month?

Lia: yeah you did but communication is key to a healthy relationship

me: we're not together!

Lia:
im well aware

but if you guys are friends, it's still a relationship

me: rìght

Lia: uh huh

me: yea

Lia: what the hell are you waiting for?

me: ?

Lia: go talk to him

me: no

Lia: yes

me: no

Lia: just go ffs

me: fine

Lia: tell what happens when you both talked it out

me: will do
Read: 6.08pm

_____

I placed my phone on the nightstand and took a deep breath as I walk to the door. I put my hand on the handle and rested my head on the white wooden door.

I took many deep breaths to calm my angst-ridden self. I unlocked the door and headed to the master bedroom where he resided.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in," his voice roared.

I slowly open the door and took a peak from outside. He was reading a book on his bed. I shuffled my stiff feet so that I could stand in the luxurious bedroom.

"It's Sullivan. Maurice Sullivan." my voice squeaked.

"Okay, you may leave." he replied, uninterested with my given answer.

"Before I go, I just wanted to apologise. You don't have to forgive me though, but I'm sorry." I apologised.

"I'll pack my bags and leave first thing in the morning." I added.

"Who said that I was kicking you out?" he said without glancing at me.

"I just assumed." I replied, still facing the door and holding onto the handle.

I heard shuffling sounds before hearing him say, "You shouldn't assume too much."

"..."

"You're welcomed to stay until your mission is over... but are you sure that it's Maurice?" he asked with uncertainty.

"Yeah, I have the documents."

"Can I see them?"

"On one condition."

He nodded.

"Don't tell your Father."

"Deal."

a/n: this is another short chapter but, now you know that rose likes ethan too!! will she admit her feelings to ethan?? lol. alright, good day!