CHapter 3: 10 years later/ Arrival of Christine, Raoul and Gustave

Victor~

I was in my part of the catacombs with my piano trying to write an Aria. I couldn't think of anything anything to write and my hands slammed down on the keys.

"Ten long years Living a mere facade of life Ten long years Wasting my my time on smoke and noise In my mind I hear melodies pure and unearthly. But I find I can't give them a voice without you" I looked at my wax statue of Christine.

"My Christine! My Christine! Lost and gone Lost and gone!" I sang. "The day starts. The day ends....Time crawls by. Night steals in Pacing the floor The moments creep Yet I can't bear to sleep. Till I hear you sing." I sang.

"And weeks pass And months pass Seasons fly Still you don't walk through the door And in a haze, I count the silent days Till I hear you sing once more. And sometimes at nighttime I dream that you are there. But wake, holding nothing but the empty air. And years come, And years go, Time runs dry. Still I ache down to the core!" I sang with a burning passion for Christine.

"My broken soul can't be alive and whole...Till I hear you sing once more. And music, your music....It teases at my ear....I turn and it fades away and you're not here. Let hopes pass... Let dreams pass...Let them die. Without you what are they for? I always feel no more than halfway real...Till I hear you sing once more!" I fished singing and I looked to see my sister standing by the doorway.

"Victor, are you all right?" she asked me coming to me and held my hands.

Over the years I have been more kinder and more thoughtful of my sister. I was so glad our parents were dead because I wouldn't be happy if they knew the truth about me and Aggy. I shook my head no.

"No..I'm not...I miss Christine so much...I need her here. Did you send out the note?" I asked her looking down at her.

"yeah. I did. Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked me.

I nodded. Yeah. I am sure." she said

"Christine will be coming at 2 this afternoon. in 3 days she will be singing. Have you finished the Aria for her?" she asked me.

I shook my head. "No." I told her

Angelique~

"Having difficulty thinking?" I asked my brother.

"yeah. what do I do?" he asked me.

"just relax and breathe and let the notes for in you head. That is how Erik was able to deal with stress of writ ting songs for the opera populaire. Ideas will come to you." I kissed his cheek and left to go watch my sister perform.

Christine~
I was getting off the boat in Coney Island in New York

"Christine Daaé! Christine Daaé! Over here! This way!" Reporters and photographers came taking pictures of me.

I was still silent, pulled my son Gustave towards me, protectively

"Her name is Madame de Chagny! Stand aside! Stand aside, please!" Raoul said pushing us through the crowd with Gustav holding my hand. "No pictures, do you hear? No pictures of my wife, no pictures of the boy!" But he was ignore by the frenzy of reporters.

"Hey Christine, why Coney Island?" Repoter one asked me.

"Your first concert in years, why ain'tcha singin' at the Met?" Reporter two asked me.

"The Vicomtesse has been engaged by two well-known impresarios –" Raoul started.

"Well-known?!" Reporter 3 scoffed.