Chapter 7: Beautiful/Beauty Underneath/ Victor Confronts Christine

Angelique~

I lead Gustave to the catacombs,where Erik and Victor were waiting for us, with my daughters beside me and Fleck, Squelch, and Gangle in front of us leasing the way down the stairs.

"I'm scared." Gustave said to me.

"It is going to be OK." I said to him.

"Who are you? Where are you taking me?" Gustave asked the three in front of us

"I am Miss Fleck." Fleck said

"The Mighty Squelch." Squelch said

"Dr Gangle." Gangle said

"At your service." The trio

"And... his." I said to Gustave.

"Come along and follow us." Gangle sang

"Come and follow faster." Fleck sang

"Come along and follow us." Squelch sang

"Come and meet the master.Hurry up and follow us,hurry if you care to...Soon the dark will swallow us,follow if you dare to..!" The trio sang with my daughters to Gustave.

Erik~

I was playing the piano as Victor paced back and forth.

"Victor calm yourself." I said to him. "She is coming down with the child now."

"Is this where Victor, you and Mr. Y live?" I hear boy by the age of 10 ask.

"Yes it is. And this is where we work as well." My Angel said to the boy.

I got up seeing the trio arrive with my daughters, my wife and a boy.

"Step lively child." Fleck said to the child.

"He and Victor are waiting." Squelch said as they got down to where Victor and I were.

"Gustav this is my husband Erik also known as Mr. Y. Erik, this is Gustave, Christine and Raoul's son." Angel introduced me to Gustave.

"welcome my friend." I bowed to him. Victor came over as I sat back down at the piano

"What is this place?" Gustave asked

I ceased working on one of the musical contraptions.

"This is my realm, illusion's domain,where music and beauty and artifice reign." I sang to him. "Go, look around while Angelique and I finish our work.

Gustave is drawn, as if by some mysterious yearning, to the piano nearby.

"May, I..?" Gustave asked sitting at the piano next to Angel.

"Does the young vicomte play?" Victor asked him.

Gustave begins to play. A simple yet eerie tune.

"What's this?" Victor asked him intrigued

"Just a song in my head..." Gustave sang

"Go on..." Angelique said to the boy.

Gustave begins to tune again.

"I think it's beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful notes. Beautiful, beautiful sounds,don't you agree? It's beautiful!" Gustave sang playing the piano.

"This boy..." Angelique sang mesmerized.

"So very beautiful!" Gustave sang

'This music..." I sang

Music that comes uncontrolled...