Chapter 14: The Plan/ Before the Show

Victor~

I called Meg to my part of the catacombs. Meg came and asked me what I needed.

"I need you to pretend to shoot Christine." I told her.

"W-what?! W-Why do you want me to do that?" Meg asked shocked that O would ask her of such a thing.

"Because I love her." i said taking out the gift i bought Christine. I looked up at Meg. "As soon as the show is over I will tell her. As soon as Gustave is off stage, I need you to take him to the piers. There Christine and I will meet you there."

I handed her a pistol. "Please Meg." I begged her

Meg hesitated and sighed and took the pistol. "fine." she said.

"thank you." I said and dismissed her.

Chrisitne~

I sat at my dressing table, getting ready for my performance. Gustave stands at my side, fascinated by my dressing routine. I gave myself one last pat of powder.

"Gustave, could you hand me those earrings? The gold ones ones on the left..." I said to him

Gustave obediently passes the earrings to me, and I puts them on. "There! How do I look?"

"You look so beautiful!So very beautiful!Like a Queen in a book..." Gustave sang.

"You, too, are beautiful!So very beautiful!" I sang smiling and cupped his chin. "Once this performance is throught,we'll spend some time, just us two...Won't that be fun?"

A knock at the door, which opens.

"Father! Doesn't mother look lovely tonight?" Gustave asked the person.

I looked to see that Raoul enters. He seems to have undergone a transformation. Impeccably dressed, dapper and handsome, Raoul's visage bears no trace of his customary scowl.

"Indeed she does. As lovely as she looked the very first time I came to her dressing room door." Raoul smiled at me.

"And look at you Raoul. You look just like that handsome boy in the opera box, the one who would always toss me a single red rose...

"Please, Gustave,if you don't mind,would you wait outside a while..?" Raoul sang kneeling down to face Gustave

"May I go exploring? By myself?" Gustave asked

"Yes, but stay backstage, my dear...When I'm finished, meet me here." I sang to my son

"I will..!" He called out already out the door

"Since our wedding day,things have gone... Astray." Raoul sang turning to me.

Raoul –" I started to say

"I'm not proud of the way that I've acted." he sang to me cutting me off

"We've both been –" I started to say again

"The demands I've made,All the hopes mislaid –I'm aware of the price they've exacted...Though I've no right to ask you to,there's one thing more I'd have you to do,if you love me as I love you...Raoul sang kneeling next to her holding my hands.

"Anything, darling..." I said

"Don't sing the song, dear." Raoul sang

"What? But, Raoul - - !" I started

"You have to know something's terribly wrong, dear..." Raoul sang

"But I have to do this - -It's what we agreed to." I sang to him