Fall For You ✔️

"I have a girlfriend

"I have a girlfriend."

I stood, grabbing my coat and phone.

"This never happened." I mumbled as I left, I didn't think I would be this sad, but I was. I threw myself at my best friend, and he had a girlfriend. What if things went farther, I'd have broken a girls heart. She's probably gorgeous and can throw a real punch.

Throwing punches... Matthew.

I needed to talk to him about our next session, if there would be one. I don't know how I ran so much when he told me to, maybe it was the pressure, or the fact that I wanted to impress him. I opened the door to our apartment and thankfully Ona was still fast asleep.

I found myself laying on the sofa, crying softly.

"Mae," I hear quietly from across the room. I glance up and see Ona, holding her pink blanket, her hair frizzy from sleeping. She's adorable, I've done well these past 5 years.

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong," I say, sniffing.

"You're sad, I can tell." She said and walked over to me, sitting beside me.

"I'm ok, Ona, trust me, now it's time for you to head back to bed." I said and swiped her up into my arms and tickled her as I walked to her bedroom. I tucked her into the blankets and closed the door, leaving it cracked.

I fell asleep shortly after.