Castaway✔️

I woke up to screaming and then a door slamming

I woke up to screaming and then a door slamming. I left Denny's bed and walked downstairs, Denny was bleeding and the sound of Matthew's motorcycle starting was ripping through the air.

"Oh my, what did he do to you?" I ask and walk up to him, he's holding his nose and was obviously crying.

"We got in a fight about... about someone and he punched me and left," he states as I lead him to the bathroom. I cleaned up his bloody nose and told him to hold toilet paper under it until it stopped bleeding.

"About who?" I ask as I clean off the counter.

"You."

"What?" I asked shocked, he nods and throws away the toilet paper.

"He's kicking me out." He says and I gasp.

"What! No, he can't kick you out! I'll leave, Ona and I, we'll be fine. You can't leave your home!"I declare and start collecting all my hygiene products.

"I'll be fine, I've got college coming up anyway, I'll stay with my parents until the Semester begins.

"But summer just ended, college isn't for a few months! Where are you staying?" I ask and put my stuff down. He frowns.

"I'm moving to Ohio, studying teaching. I need a fresh start." He says and I feel my heart drop to my feet.

"Our date, we have a date," I tell him and he takes my hand.

"I would have really been excited to go on that date, but it was wrong of me to ask you." He says and kisses my hand.

"What do you mean it was wrong?" I ask and take my hand out of his slowly. He frowns at the gesture but regains his composure.

"Us guys have quite a few...pacts, one of them was about girls we meet. The guys in the group can call.. dibs on a girl they meet. Someone else called dibs on you. Every pact has a consequence, you get kicked out of the house if you break it." Denny says and grabs my cheeks.

"Denny, it's a stupid pact they can't kick you out for it! Who even was it, I'll talk some sense into them. I'll -i -I'll kick them in the shin!" I declare and pull away from his grip on me, swinging the door open and storming into the hall.

Denny follows behind me all the way outside.

"Where are you going?!" Denny yells back after me. I ignore him momentarily and sit down on the front steps.

"I'm going to wait for Matthew and make you guys make up so you can stay!" I yell back at the doorway where he stands.

"This is absurd! I'm only leaving a few months early! I made a pact and I broke it, it's my fault for betraying Matthew like that," Denny says and then groans and slams his forehead against the door.

"It was Matthew! He hates me, why did he call dibs on me! He- he has a girlfriend! He hates my best friend and he hates me!"  I say in frustration.

A motorcycle starts slowly coming down the road, Denny and I both knew it was Matthew.

"I should go, get my number from Chase, we can keep in touch," Denny says and gets into his car.

I lazily wave to him as he pulls out of the driveway and Matthew pulls in.

He gets off his bike and walks past me without even glancing my way.

I follow after him, steam coming from my ears.

"Oh! So you're just going to kick out one of your best friends because of me! Because you bet I won't hesitate to grab Ona and leave! Walk right out that damn door! You don't even know me! You don't even know me and you kick your best friend out because of it! I'll leave right now if you would bring him back!" I yell causing Matthew to stop at the bottom of the steps and turn to me.

"Then grab Ona and leave! No one wants you here especially me, I wouldn't give a shit if you up and left right now! Hell, I'll throw you a going-away party! You betcha!" Matthew screams back and if I wasn't so angry right now I'd have been deathly scared and running for my life.

"Fine!" I yell in his face and storm up the steps to Chase's room where Ona would be. I turn around outside of Chase's closed door and face the steps where Matthew was watching. I slowly raise my arm and raise my middle finger before walking into Chase's room.

"Ona, come here, now. Bye Chase, say by to Chase," I tell her and she starts crying.

"Why does I have to say goodbye?" She questions through her sniffles and my heart drops to my feet.

"Because Ona, we're leaving, we are not welcomed. Now say goodbye," I tell Ona and she sniffles but runs back to Chase and hugs him.

"Bye-bye, Cwasie," She says and grasps his white t-shirt.

I frown but allow her to walk back to me. I pick her up and walk straight down the steps, past a shocked Matthew, right out the front door, slamming it behind me.

I storm down the road toward Amber's apartment.