405✔️

Chase's POV

Chase's POV

-

I watched in shock from the hallway as Mae slammed the door leaving with Ona. Matthew just stared at the door, scoffed and walked up the steps toward me.

"What the hell man! First, you kick out Denny and now you kick out her!" I say to him and he just shrugs and opens his bedroom door.

"Mae left on her own, let Rachel in when she gets here. She's taking Mae's room. Throw out all her shit," Matthew says and slams his bedroom door. I scoff and slam my door shut.

It had been about two hours since Denny and Mae left. Lily was sitting across the kitchen table from me whilst we ate mac and cheese.

"You can take Denny's room if you want, Rachel is taking Mae's apparently," I ramble on but Lily interrupts me.

"I think we should try to adopt Ona, or at least get her out of Mae's care," Lily says and takes a bite of her food.

"What?" I say in shock.

"Mae cannot properly take care of that child! They're homeless for gods sake! I like Mae, she's a good friend, but she can't handle a kid. I think we should do something," Lily says and washes her bowl in the sink. I can't help but feel rage at what shes saying.

"Yes we'll do something, we will," I say.

Mae's POV

I knocked on Amber's door in tears, Ona asleep in my arms.

Amber opened the door and her face immediatly lowered.

"What in the world! Why are you crying, come in come in," Amber says and I walk in, she closes the door behind me.

"Matthew kicked out Denny because of some stupid dibs on me, and I got mad at Matthew and he and I got into a fight and he kicked me out, well kind of, I left, but I had to!" I defended and laid Ona down on their couch.

"Oh my goodness, Mae..." Amber says and hugs me.

"Could Ona and I stay here for a few days till I figure out what the hell i'm going to do?" I ask and Amber frowns.

"Mae... my family and I are moving to Alaska for my dad's work, I'm so sorry, I was going to tell you after I left. I couldn't bare a goodbye." Amber says and pulls away from our hug.

"Your leaving?" I ask, my heart crumbling.

"I'm sorry Mae, I love you okay, we'll keep in touch," Amber says in tears.

"When do you leave?" I ask and she frowns, breaking out into more sobs.

"In an hour, I still have to say goodbye to Jeremy," Amber says and wipes her tears and grabs her coat along with her shoes.

"I'll walk you there, Let me grab Ona," I say and pick up Ona off the couch.

The walk to Jeremy's wasn't long. We walked up to his porch and knocked. Jeremy's mother answered the door and told us he was in his room. She also took Ona and said she'd watch her while we talk with him. I guess she could see Amber's smeared mascara and my puffy red eyes.

"Jeremy?" Amber says with a voice crack as she opens his door. I follow her in. He's sleeping.

"Jeremy wake up, we need to talk," Amber says and shakes his shoulder while she cries.

He stirs awake, his eyes landing on me, then going to Amber who's in full blown tears.

"Amber, baby, what's wrong, are you okay?" Jeremy asks her as he wipes her tears.

"I'm moving to Alaska, I came to say goodbye," Amber says and kisses him.

I look at my feet as they say goodbye. Amber comes up to me and wraps me in a tight hug. I hug her back. We look over at Jeremy and see him in tears, but staring at us wanting to join the hug. Amber motions him over with a small sad chuckle, my own laugh following. Jeremy wraps his arms around Amber and I. We each let out a breathy laugh through the tears. It was just like old times. Before everything in my life went to shit.

"We're going to miss you Amber," Jeremy says snapping me from my thoughts. I nod to his statement and cry on Amber's shoulder.

Amber's phone begins to ring from her purse snapping us out of our moment.

"It's my mom, I have to go," Amber says and hugs me, then kisses Jeremy.

"I love you guys," Amber says and kisses Jeremy one last time.

"Does this mean we're over?" Jeremy asks her in tears and she nods.

"Yeah, I think it does, I'm sorry jeremy, I'd change it if I could," Amber says and leaves Jeremy's room closing the door softly.