I Miss You ✔️

The dialing noise coming from the speakers of my phone was all I could concentrate on, I was nervous

The dialing noise coming from the speakers of my phone was all I could concentrate on, I was nervous. I was calling Amber. Three more rings and her voice finally erupted into the silence.

"MAE OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIVE?!" She yelled. I pulled the phone away from my ear and sighed.

"A lot has happened these past two days Ambs, I- I kissed your boyfriend, I was upset that neither of you told me, and I'm sad because I tell both of you EVERYTHING.  Then I show up at the gym and oh god, I need to see you." I speak through the phone, choking on my sobs. I held it in out there with everyone, but now I felt like my world was caving in. Ona was with her obsession so I didn't have to worry about her hearing me cry.

"Oh my god, I'm so so SO sorry Mae, I'm a horrible friend. Can you come over?" I didn't wanna go back there ever again, it would just be a reminder that I'm a failure.

"Ambs, I- can you come to me?" I say, wiping my tears on the sleeve of my hoodie. I need to ask the guys if she can come over. I'm sure she can.

"Oh my yes, I'll be there in less than a minute," she says and I can hear shuffling on the other end of the line.

"Ambs no, don't go there, I'll text you the address, bye," I end the call and quickly walk into the hall. I opened my door and crashed into Denny.

"Oh, uhm, sorry, I was wondering if my friend Amber could come by for a bit?" I ask him, scratching the back of my neck, making little eye contact. Denny clears his throat, nods and quickly walks back to his room down the hall.

DENNY'S POV

I opened my door, walking out into the hallway.

Just go talk to her.

I sigh and start walking to her door, I hold my hand up ready to knock but decide against that. I pace for a few seconds before I turn to the door and just as I about knocked, the door swung open and she rushes out, bumping into me. She looks really hot in that hoodie. I push away the thought and stare down at her for a moment.

"Oh, uhm, sorry, I was wondering if my friend Amber could come by for a bit?" She askes, looking my body up and down before glancing up at my eyes for a moment.

This girl is killing me.

I nod and turn my body away, walking toward my room. I closed the door and leaned my head against it letting out a sigh.

What is happening to me!? I'm falling apart.

MAE'S POV

I don't bother texting Amber because she's allowed to come. I feel like they're my parents making sure I'm not hanging out with the druggies. I go back into my room and change into a striped yellow baggy sweater and tugged on a new pair of pants.

I fell back into the bed and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on to Nick. Spongebob appeared on the screen and I watched, cuddling the pillow while waiting for Amber.

I grabbed my phone and clicked Jeremy's contact.

'I'm sorry I walked out of lunch like that, can we talk, xx' I clicked send and waited. My phone buzzed a few seconds later and I grabbed it, expecting Jeremy, but it was Amber saying she was here. I walked down to the front door and opened it. Amber was sobbing as she latched onto me, hugging the life out of me. I hugged her back, she was my best friend and no matter what happened I would always hug her back.

"What is this place?" She asks, pulling away and staring in awe at the house.

"This is where I live," I said and closed the door.

"How can you afford this?" She asks excitement in her voice.

"It's a long story," I say and then I hear the squeal of the one and only Ona.

"AMBER!" She yells happily and runs to her. Amber picks her up and kisses her cheek.

"I missed you, sweetcheeks!" Amber says. Ona smiles and giggles, her gaze returning to Chase who was watching from the bottom of the steps. Lily comes walking down the steps, a little dog following her. When did they get a dog?

"Mae, who are these people?" Amber asks, looking at Chase and Lily with a weird glare.

"This is Chase, and his wife, Lily." She looks extremely shocked.

"You have a wife now?!" She asks, looking ready to cry.

"Yes, Amber, I do," he says coldly. Amber breaks down sobbing, running past him and up the steps.

"Amber!" I yell, running after her.

"How the hell do you know her?" I hear Lily question. I catch up with Amber and grab her arm.

"What is going on, you practically dropped Ona and ran!" I asked and opened my bedroom door.

"He's my ex, from before I moved here, I didn't know he was moving to, we dated for a few months, almost a year, and then I had to move here. We broke up, and that was that he- he told me he wouldn't do long distance because I wasn't worth it, we fought and I left heartbroken and we never made up. And then I see him here, and he's only twenty and he's married to some gorgeous girl who has purple hair!" She says sobbing on my shoulder.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, you'll be okay," I reassure her and turn off the TV.

"He's married, and it's not to me," she says sobbing loudly. Poor Jeremy, he doesn't even have a girl who's still hooked on an ex from two years ago.

"Look, Amber, you have a boyfriend now! He is such a good kid, and you're good for him, he's good for you! You need to put this behind you, okay?" I tell her and she nods, the last sob leaving her lips. She hugs me and then looks back at me.

"What happened, start from the beginning."

-

"Oh my god! I'm such a horrible friend, so much happened to you and I'm complaining about a relationship from two years ago! I'm so sorry!" She says hugging me, her tears gone, but tears are still there, and they are mine.

Knock knock.

I jump and wipe my tears going to the door, it's Denny.

"Hey, we're leaving for the beach soon, your friend can come if she wants, all the guys will be there." He says and looks at me for a second before leaving.

"Oh my god! That was Denny wasn't it? I could feel the sexual tension, so don't lie!" She says excitedly.

"Yes, that is Denny." I laugh and fall back onto the bed.

"Wanna go to the beach?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"It's best I stay away from Chase and his wife, and if you want I can take Ona, and she can stay the night at mine." She offered.

"Really?" I ask her.

"Yes! I love that little munchkin, I'll gladly watch her so you can get some!" She says and makes the sex motion with her hand.

"Oh my god, Ambs!" I laugh. She smiles. "Alright, you can take her."