Chapter 2: Outbreak

13 hours later

In a apartment, a young woman is walking around. On her wall is newspapers. They're all about the young woman and another woman. They say they're S.T.A.R.S. They're disgraced and suspended. The young woman's name is Rebecca Chambers and the other one's name is Jill Valentine. She turns on her Tv and the news comes on. It shows a newswoman talking. 

Newswoman: Still no explanation for this wave of unexplained killings that is sweeping across the city. 

Behind the woman is a bunch of cops and people. The people are running while the cops are firing their weapons at a bunch of people...who are infected with the virus. The people scream as the gunshots are heard. 

Newswoman: A deadly crime spree with no end. 

The cops are being attacked by the zombies as people try to get away. Rebecca turns off the Tv and sits down. Just then, a woman on a radio is heard.

Woman on radio: All off-duty law-enforcement personnel are required to report for duty assignments immediately. 

Rebecca stands up, grabs her weapon, ammo and gear. She walks out of her apartment. Outside, she meets up with her friend, Jill Valentine. They both walk out and they head out. They arrive at the Raccoon City Police Department. They walk in, kick down the door and aim at the infected people. They fire at their foreheads, killing them. Everyone in the room jump and screams. They all look at the girls.

Man: It's Valentine and Chambers.

Man 2: Hold your fire. (Walks to them) Girls!

Jill: (Reloads her gun) They're infected. 

Rebecca: We told you. Shoot for the head. 

As they talk, a black man wearing a hat and light brown jacket is handcuffed to a chair, next to infected woman, who snarls at him and tries to reach for him to bite him. He shakes around while trying to back away from her.  

Man: Somebody get this ugly girl off of me! Please, somebody get her! 

Jill looks and walks to him. She shoots the woman in the forehead, killing her. The man looks at her and at Jill, who points her gun at him. 

Man: No, no! Don't shoot! Don't--

She aims at his handcuffs and shoots them off, freeing him. 

Jill: We're leaving town. I suggest you do the same. Rebecca, let's go. 

She nods and follows Jill. The man looks at him and gets up. He leaves the building as Jill and Rebecca leaves too. They hear a lot of police chatter on the radio. Meanwhile outside, the boy from the crash is walking around the city. As he does, he comes across a bar. He walks in. As he does, people look at him. 

Bartender: Can I help you, young man?

Boy: (Shakes his head) No. Do you mind if I sit down? 

Bartender: No. Go ahead. 

The boy sits down as he sees an RPD officer sitting down at the bar with two security guards. He shakes his head and rests his head on the table. He hopes his little sister and dad are okay. Just then, another man comes in. The boy looks and sees he's moaning and has his head down. The bartender sees him too. 

Bartender: What a weird customer. 

He walks to him as the boy watches. Just then, one of the guards falls down on the floor and his partner checks on him. The boy gets a weird, but bad feeling. Just then, the man looks up and to the boy's horror, he sees he's infected. He attacks the bartender and bites his neck. The bartender screams and he struggles to get free. He pushes the man out the door and closes it. He pants as he clutches his neck. The boy then jumps as someone bangs on the window beside him. He looks and sees more of them. He sees the police officer pushing two barrels to block the door. The officer looks at the boy.

Officer: You okay, kid?

Boy: Yes. 

Officer: Ok. Come on, we need to get upstairs. 

The boy nods. He sees the guard helps up his partner while the waitress helps him too. The officer opens up the door on the left and they go upstairs. 

Officer: By the way, who are you, kid?

Boy: Adam. 

Officer: Adam, I'm Officer Kevin Ryman. Do you trust me?

Adam: I trust police. 

Kevin: Ok. Now, we must find a way out of this building and go for help. 

Adam nods and he follows Kevin while the two guards and waitress follows them upstairs. But as they go upstairs, the window to the door breaks and the infected people start to come in. The people see them and scream in terror. Some of them also go upstairs while the rest are still downstairs, shaking and frozen in fear. The bartender, who is still on the floor, clutching his bleeding neck tries to back away from them, but they pile him and start eating him as he screams in agony and terror. The infected also begins to kill the remaining people in the room. The outbreak in Raccoon City has started.