Chapter 5: Infected

Ashford is taken into a tent. He waits for his guard to zip up the tent. He goes to a table and turns on his laptop. He enters his password and turns on personnel locators of his son and daughter. The locators begin to track them. The locators track them in the Junior School. He nods and uses street cameras to look for survivors. 

Ashford: There has to be someone left alive. Come on. 

He continues tracking for any survivors. Then, on a camera, he spots three people walking down a street. It's Naruto, Alice and Rain. They all hold their weapons tight in their hands as they walk down the street. They look around. Just then, they found a clothes and gun store. They walk inside to change clothes. Naruto goes behind a counter as he takes off his patient clothes. He puts on blue jeans and an orange and black shirt. He puts on white socks and blue shoes. Just then, he starts gasping and falls on his chest. He looks to see his mother and Rain doing the same too. 

Naruto: Mom...

Alice looks at him and crawls to him. She holds his hand tight and he does the same. They all look at their arms and see something going through them. They all groan in pain as they feel their bodies getting stronger for some reason. Then, they all start getting flashes of themselves being captured and then, they see themselves being experimented on. They even see people injecting the T-Virus into them by the arms.

Man's voice: Prepare them for exposure. 

They all groan and try to hold in their puking. The virus continues making them stronger.

Then, they see two men looking down on them as the virus floats through their bodies. 

Man 2's voice: Up the dosage. Just do it. 

The dosage gets higher. It's too much for them and they all pass out. Naruto, Alice and Rain all sigh and they sit up. Naruto looks at his mother and they both sit up with Rain. Naruto frowns as he feels the virus is also infecting Kurama. He closes his eyes and he enters his mind. He sees the cage and walks to it. 

Naruto: Kurama? Are you there? 

Then, orange and red mist appear out of the cage and there she is. She looks at him.

Kurama: Hi, Kit. Looks like you're okay now. But I can also smell the virus in you.

Naruto: I know. I can smell it too. My mother and Rain are also infected with it too. 

Kurama: Now you know why those people need you for. They know about me now. And your blood is the cure of the virus. 

Naruto: But how can I have the cure in my blood? And how did they know about you?

Kurama: While you were unconscious, they somehow entered your mind from injecting a needle into your head. As they did, they saw me from a monitor. It turned out there was a small camera in the needle. And now, the virus is making you stronger and faster. And it's also doing the same to me. 

Naruto: (Sighs) Dang it. So, what now?

Kurama: You all need to find a way out of the city before they find you again. 

Naruto nods and he leaves his mind. He opens his eyes and looks at his mother. She looks at him. He nods at her and she nods back. They all get up from the floor. Naruto finds a backpack and picks it up. They all start gathering weapons and load up. They see two motorcycles outside. They all smirk together.