Chapter 3: Awaken

Scene shows a pair of eyes opening to reveal blue eyes. It's Naruto. He looks around and slowly sits up. Then, he screams in great pain. He looks at himself and sees there are needles all around him. He begins to take them out of him. He grunts painfully and then finally, he takes the last ones out of his head. He breaths slowly and tries to get off the bed. He falls on the floor and blinks his eyes. He slowly gets back up. He looks around and sees he's in an operation room. He sees a mirror ahead of him, and he knows it's a window. He walks to it and tries to look through it, but can't see anything. 

Naruto: Hey, who's in there? Let me out! Let me out now! Where's my mother and Rain?! 

He bangs on it. He falls on his knees in pain as he clutches his head. Just then, he hears someone outside the door. He looks. Then, the door opens. And to his happiness and relief, it's his mother and Rain. She smiles at him. He runs to her and hugs her tight. She hugs him back. Naruto looks at their hands and see his toys. He picks them up. They all leave the room and walk around. 

Naruto: Mommy, where are we?

Alice: We're in the Raccoon City Hospital. 

Rain: But where is everybody? I mean, the whole place looks deserted. 

Naruto: Yeah. Wait. Where's Matt?

Alice: We don't know. We didn't find him anywhere in here. They must have taken him somewhere else. 

They move on. They find the exit and walk out of the hospital. As they do, their eyes widen as they look around outside. They walk slowly. They find destroyed, wrecked and abandoned cars everywhere. Windows in buildings are broken. Papers and stuff are all over the streets. And there are blood everywhere on the streets, cars and windows. Naruto finds a newspaper. He walks to it and looks at it. On the headlines, it says, "The dead walk!". He knows what this mean. 

Naruto: The virus...it's been released into the city...they're here too...

Alice walks to him and picks him up. He drops the newspaper and they continue walking. They find a couple of police cars. They look in the first one for weapons. They don't find anything. They look in the second one and find a shotgun and a couple of pistols. Alice puts down Naruto and takes the shotgun. Rain takes the first pistol and Naruto takes the second. They all look around for danger as they prepare themselves. They cock their weapons and stand ready. 

Naruto: Mommy, what do we do now?

Alice: Survive. We find some new clothes, more weapons, try to find any survivors and get the heck out of the city.

Rain: I like that idea. I just hope there will be survivors out there. 

Naruto: There will be. And hopefully, we'll find Matt. 

They all move out to find a store with new clothes and weapons. Naruto knows this for sure, this is only the beginning. And he knows that no matter what, he and his mother can do this together as a family.