Chapter 11: "Can't you just say 'Abracadabra' and everything will be fine?"

Now Playing: Born Ready: Zayde Wølf

I was born, born ready

Staring at the pressure now

I won't quit, not backing down

I was born, born ready

By the time Stark, Stephen, and Quill found them, Parker, no longer seeing double, stood up with Iris at his side, sitting.

Stark rushed in, Stephen and Quill hot on his heels, all with panicked expressions painted across their features. As soon as Tony laid eyes on Parker, he swore under his breath and rushed to his side, Quill looked at her, almost on the verge of tears.

"The other two are next door, I checked on them. They should be fine," Iris could hardly blink before he was gone. She turned her head toward Stephen, still standing in the blasted open doorway, and held out her hand.

He yanked her to her feet and enveloped her in a hug. Iris returned it with a content sigh.

"You have got to stop landing yourself in life-and-death situations. It's not good for your health." She laughed into his chest.

"I could've told you that," Iris paused for a moment. "You know I'm still mad at you." His chuckle sent vibrations through her body, and she felt a kiss on top of her head.

"I'd be concerned if you weren't."

"When we get home we're going to talk about this."

"What?"

"When we're back on Earth and when we've beaten Thantos- sorry Thanos- when we've turned this ship around and when we land in New York, we'll go home, grab a coffee from that cafe that you're unhealthily obsessed with, and we'll talk. Talk about how we've managed not to die saving the universe and talk about how I'm never letting you out of my sight again and talk about texting while driving because we both know that was dumb."

"And talk about what you've been up to the past two years."

"Talk about where you got those clothes."

"Discuss how-"

"-Alright, will you two stop making heart-eyes at each other and tell me what happened?"

"Is there a possibility you could shut up?"

"Supergirl, I will personally hurl you all the way back to Earth, don't get snarky with me."

"And I will personally shove that suit up your self-righteous dick, don't think you can win the insult game with me." Stark's and Strange's eye rolls were almost audible. Tony turned back to Parker, giving him one last once-over. 

Then Quill turned the corner, closely followed by the other two. The alien she'd detained before had his arm discreetly wrapped around the waist of the female, holding her steady. Iris did a quick head-count.

"Where's your blue friend? The one that nearly slit my throat?" Quill gestured down the hallway they'd come.

"Nebula? She's still in the big room with the window: apparently, this thing has shields." Iris snorted.

"Tell that to the kamikaze pilot who nearly killed Parker and I." Stephen was now giving her very concerned looks.

"Is that what happened?" Stark had finished patching up Spider-boy and had stood up to face them. "Does your thing still work?" Iris shook her head.