Chapter 16: "Already ahead of you Magic Man."

Now Playing: Ship To Wreck: Florence + The Machine

And oh my love remind me, what was it that I did?

Did I drink too much?

Am I losing touch?

Did I build this ship to wreck?

Apparently, the 'Guardians' folk had done something stupid, because there was a hologram of a woman clad in gold hovering over them.

Scratch that, she was not only covered in gold clothing from head to toe, but she looked like her skin was made up of the material. Even her eyes were a shiny gold. They didn't look human, or natural for that matter.

And if that wasn't enough, the throne behind her was gold as well, patterns of intricate designs so precise, to be done by hand, or at least, any human hand.

Don't you think that's a bit much?

I wonder how much that cost?

I bet Stark could afford it.

Yes, but he's not that egotistical.

Tony cleared his throat behind her, preparing to speak, but Iris hissed at him for silence.

"What? You think you can shush me like that-"

"-Stark they're talking, shut up I want to hear." Tony closed his mouth, and all turned their ears toward the hologram.

"You have something of ours, Mr. Quill, for all intensive purposes, I insist you return it." Quill shrugged his shoulders and replied.

"Personally, I don't have it. As for as I know, they're not even on this ship." The lady in gold raised a delicate eyebrow.

"The Guardians are with you, are they not?"

"We split up, if it's Rocket you're looking for, he's not here. I doubt he's even in this system." Iris turned around and mouthed 'Rocket?' to the trio, who all shrugged.

"You stole from us, Mr. Quill. If our property is not returned immediately, The Sovereign will use as much force as required." Iris muttered to herself in the shadows and heard the snicker of Stephen behind her.

"Jesus Christ Quill, you douche-canoe." Quill shrugged again, as though this was not a pressing matter.

"I'm telling you, none of us have your batteries, Rocket and Groot are the ones you're looking for." The raised eyebrow faded and the golden woman smirked as though she knew something the rest of them didn't.

"I know your people are attempting to repair your ship, let it be known they will not succeed," She paused. "If the batteries are returned, we shall let them live." Understanding struck Iris. She turned around and whispered to Tony. 

"They don't know we're back yet, or that we've fixed it." Tony shifted his weight to his other foot.

"Clearly. I'd like to keep it that way."

"So would I," Stephen chimed in. "Gives us more time to come up with a plan." Iris practically felt the gears turning inside her head.

"Already ahead of you Magic Man." Tony tilted his head to her, raising an eyebrow.

"You have a plan?"

"Part of one."

"Christ almighty save us." Iris rolled her eyes