Chapter 17: Am I Alive?

Real quick Question of the Day: If you were to embark on a daring quest, would it be in space or in the ocean?

Prepare for some creepy stuff 0-0
Enjoy the chapter!

Breathe In

And out.

It's hard to breathe when you can't seem control your lungs. Am I breathing? I'm not sure anymore. I mean....everyone around is alive and well, staring and smiling. Observing my behavior. Looking at my pale skin and stained clothes.
Good thing I'm not wearing a white shirt.
Heh.
Or else I'd be arrested on the spot.

I was given candy earlier...My favorite kind! The sweet flavors blocked out the overwhelming smell of surgical gloves and antiseptic.
I just hope I get to leave soon.....

But will they think differently of me?

Everyone met up at the hospital that night. Melody fixed Google to the best of her abilities. Unfortunately, the manager messed up his right eye badly. Google had to get this removed before it caused any more problems.
It was terrifying to look at. There was a small white dot in the center of the eye socket.

He hoped you wouldn't be scared of him when you recover.
Google also had a couple of loose wires in the back of his neck that were mildly damaged.

Getting into the hospital without being given strange looks was an issue. Besides the power of manipulation, Dark could create optical illusions to the human eye. So, to everyone in the building, he was just an abnormally pale human citizen of Japan. 

Dark's recovery was a lot smoother than his brother's. He had a few scars on his face from the fight he put up with the guards. His face was cleansed from the stains of Crimson pooled under his chin. Thankfully, Dark's nose was fine, aside from causing extreme pain after the fight.

Several hours turned to days. It felt like years to them. Google became uncomfortably quiet, while Dark just taps his smooth black shoes against the tiles in a chaotic pattern.
Tap tap.
Tap.
Tap tap tap
Tap.
Farah left for who knows what. It was clear that she was still in the building. A little spunky voice could be heard a few rooms away, followed by a very calm yet stressed voice. Farah was a very stubborn one.

Google would be joining her, if he wasn't so anxious to hear back from the doctors. They estimated a time of 4-7 days of recovery before any guests could visit. Waiting five minutes was an internal struggle. How was he going to handle 96 hours?

Finally, Dark's mind stopped thinking. He snapped.
"I'm getting a snack."
He lied for their benefit. He didn't want them to worry. Nothing dangerous, it's just how to handle anger management issues, right?

Farah walks passed Dark in the hallway, accidentally pushing past his bruised shoulder. His pitch black shoes gracefully step into the elevator. Thankfully, no one had decided to join him, since his face screamed,
'I will smash you with a table'.

His darkened eyes scan the floor numbers with high expectations. Smooth, yet firm fingers push a random number like a gamble. It's been so long since an incident that lead him to this moment. Almost eight years ago when.....Will and Dark lost their heads and tried to overcome the circumstance in our own ways.

Dark remembers his tired accent scolding him that night. He was caught outside of Los Angele's border in an alleyway with a young woman lying on the ground, with her blue eyes wide open.

The memories drifted away by a soft beep of the elevator. The metal doors open and Dark steps out casually, studying the employees chating about the two-faced politicans, while escorting patients to their rooms. Dark made sure who ever he choose was young, fresh, and unoccupied. He stood still for a good ten minutes until his charcoal eyes spotted a young girl gazing down at a book. She looks around her, swipping her long brown hair behind her ear.

Her aura was strong and pleasing. Dark approaches her with a calm demenor while fixing his maroon tie.
"Excuse me, miss."
She hums in a curious tone, looking up to his eyes. Once Dark realizes he has the girl's attention, he smirks.

"Could you direct me to the nearest restroom?"
"O-Oh! Of course!"
She walks ahead of him to an empty hallway near the surgical ward. The restroom was right across from a janitor's closet.
Perfect.

His hand tugs her striped shirt towards him, yanking her inside the dark room.
The room became pitch black once he shut the door.
"Hey! What the heck do you think you're doing?!"
Dark doesn't listen.
His eyes close as his unstable body faintly glows a dark gray, with highlights of blue and red around his torso.
The girl stares in shock and backs into the wall near a broom. She picks it up and points it at the monster before him.

"Back off, demon!"
His eyes open. Dark then laughs, wickedly.
"Oh, Sabrina....Won't you just," piercing teeth show when his mouth opens, shark-like, "Let me feed?"

His sleeve wipes across his mouth, without leaving a trace of any sort of stain. In fact there was nothing there.
But a corpse with wide eyes.

Yes. It is confirmed that Dark used to consume souls. It was suppose to be a reference to one of Mark's Q&A part of his tour when he did a Darkiplier impression stating, "I will consume your souls" as a joke.

And I'm very sorry @TF-MedicFemale ;-;