5

Gordie POV
It was Friday, the day before my date with Aria. I was not as jittery and eager as I thought I would be. Speaking of which, Chris came up to me looking very jittery and eager.
"Hey Chris." I said, kind of confused on why he was so jumpy.
"Hey Gordie! I have a weird question for you. Do you need any help with anything?" He asked.
I knew I didn't need any help with anything, but there was one thing I needed. Denny gave me his Yankees cap a while back and Ace and Chris's older brother Eyeball stole it from me. I knew I could never get it back. Eyeball had it, and Jesus you really think he would just give it back if I asked? Of course not. What I was about to ask was total bullshit. I knew Chris was just fucking with me, but hey? I might as well have a little fun with it.
"Alright Chris, what I need from you is my brother's Yankee cap. Your brother has it. At least I hope he still does." I said, with a small smirk.
Obviously Chris wasn't going to be that stupid and risk his ass for some stupid cap, I mean it wasn't stupid too me but whatever.
Chris nodded enthusiastically and said "Thanks Gordie!" He then strode his way to his next class.
Chris POV
As soon as the bell rang I ran out of class and straight to my house. I was determined to get Denny's cap back for Gordie.
My dad was passed out on the couch. Nothing new.
I rolled my eyes and went to my brother's room and peeked inside. The room was empty.
I started digging threw my brother's shit.
A half hour passed by and all I found was Playboy magazines, cigarettes, and empty bottles of beer. I sighed but didn't give up. I couldn't give up. Gordie was depending on me.
An hour passed by and his room was a mess.
More hours passed.
I had taken a few breaks but there was still no luck.
It was 2:00 am and I was still looking.
I was exhausted.
At 10:04 am I woke up and realized I accidentally fell asleep while searching.
I yawned and started looking under his bed. That's when I heard the front door open.
"Shit!" I whispered. I pushed his bed back to the side and there it was.
The Yankees cap had fallen behind Eyeball's bed.
A wave a relief washed over me as I picked up the cap and hugged it. But that feeling soon faded away as I heard "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM?!"
Fear struck me hard as I turned around to see Eyeball, super pissed, a beer dangling from his hand.
"I promise I'll clean your room up Eyeball, just let me give this to Gordie. Please." I begged.
"Yeah you're gonna fucking clean my room you son of a bitch!" He yelled and busted my lip.
"You fucking faggot I wish you were never born!" He punched my cheek, which was gonna leave a nasty bruise.
"Eyeball please! I just need to give this-"
"Liar! Your just saying that so you can run away and leave my fucking room a fucking mess and get out of cleaning it up! I fucking hate your guts, you fuckface!"
Another swing right in my eye.
Then he just started beating me up.
I held the cap tightly just waiting for all this to be over.
Eyeball started screaming at me, calling me names and all that ugly shit.
"What the hell is going on in there?!" My father yelled. All that screaming must have woken him up.
Eyeball and I turned to the doorway, expecting our father to join in on all the screaming.
As he walked in Eyeball pushed me in front of him saying "Chris fucked up my room!"
"No! Dad! I'm gonna clean this up I just need to do something real quick! Then I promise I'll clean it up!" I said, pleading him to let me give Gordie his cap back.
"God damnit Chris you're such a fucking burden! You shitty ass kids never fucking learn!" He yelled.
I felt like bursting out and crying. But I couldn't. I had to keep it together.
For Gordie.
Now both my brother and father started hitting me.
It felt like forever but finally they both walked out of the room and got beer.
I felt like shit.
I looked like shit.
I am shit.

Thank you sm for reading!!! ❤️I won't be able to write as much btw because I'm doing a summer camp but I will still write!!! Love you guys and sorry this is really dramatic and sad.