10

Gordie POV
6:30 am
"GOD DAMNIT GORDON! DENNY WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!" My father shouted at me.
My parents got a call from Aria's parents saying she came home crying on Saturday/our failed date.
Her parents also said she wasn't with me the whole weekend.
My parents were so fucking pissed.
They kept asking me who I was with and what I was doing.
Of course I didn't tell them the truth.
My parents said I couldn't leave the house until I told them the truth.
I had to stay home from school on Monday.
About every hour or so my dad came in and asked me
"Are you ready to tell the truth now?"
Every time he asked I shook my head and he left.
Around 7:30 pm I overheard someone knock on the front door. I listened as my dad walked to the front door and answered it.
Even though they were barely intelligible I made out two voices. They both sounded pissed.
I heard my dad slam the door.
There was another knock at the door. This time I heard screaming.
As I peaked out of my room I heard my dad scream
"No good despicable Chambers kid!"
The person at the door was Chris.
I ran downstairs and saw Chris's face light up when he saw me.
"Chris?"
"Gordie!"
"God damnit Gordon do you really want me to lock you up there?!" My father yelled and slammed the door.
"God fucking damnit!" I heard Chris scream from outside.
"Is that the kid you were with?!"
I didn't answer, I just looked down.
"He was asking all these questions about you. I told you to stay away from him!" He paused.
"You know I've really been considering moving."
I snapped my head up and gasped.
"No no no dad I don't want to move!"
"Well then tell me what you were doing!" He scowled.
"I was alone! I broke up with Aria and I was alone the whole weekend!" I lied.
"Aria's parents told us you broke up with her for someone else?! Who?!" He shouted.
"A-" I was beginning to say, but I was interrupted by a knock at the door.
My dad swung open the door and screamed "WHAT?!"
"Yeah hi to you too." Chris sassed, and pushed past him grabbing my arm.
He pulled me out of my house, well almost.
My dad grabbed my other arm.
"You better let go of him right now, Chambers! He's my son!"
"Yeah?! Well he's my-" Chris stopped himself.
"He's my best friend and I love him more than you do!" Chris gave my arm a tug.
My breathing hitched and I just wanted all this to be over. I didn't notice but a tear slid down my cheek and I was closing my eyes tightly.
"I will call your lowlife father over here to get your ass out of here if you don't leave us alone!"
Chris was about to snap back but he looked at me, and gently let go of my arm.
"Gordie I'm sorry." He apologized, and put his hand on my shoulder.
Nothing was his fault. I wasn't upset with him. I would rather leave with Chris than stay with my father.
Chris looked up at my father and said "Fuck you."
Chambers didn't care. He never really did.
My father was infuriated.
He walked away, ignoring my father as he called him cruel names and wished the worst things upon him.
But, as Chris always did he kept his head up high, ignoring every hatful look, every foul name, and never let anyone see the sadness he was hiding, well except for me. I mean duh, I'm his best friend and now his boyfriend. We share everything together.
Or we used too.
My dad pulled me back inside and screamed "GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM!"
Once I got to my room I ran to the window and peaked out of it. I saw Chris walking home and I smiled.
I know it's super dramatic. If y'all have any prompts please comment! Thanks for reading! Ilysm! ❤️💋