18

Chris POV
The whole night I had nightmares. I kept waking up and then falling back asleep. Then I woke up and fell back asleep. It was like a cruel cycle.
The nightmares I had were just....wrong.
Some were Gordie moving across the world. Others were Eyeball, Ace, and I beating Gordie up. But the worst were Gordie killing himself.
I was getting ready for school when there was a knock at my door. Being exhausted as I was I answered the door, not even thinking.
Gordie was standing right in front of me, a book in his hands.
He pushed me out of the way and let himself in.
I hesitatingly closed the door, keeping my eyes off Gordie.
"Chris god damnit would you look at me!" He yelled.
My eyes dashed around the room before focusing on Gordie.
"Come here."
I stayed where I was.
Gordie POV
Chris looked like a scared hurt little animal pressed up against a corner, trembling like crazy.
"Fine." I said.
If Chris wasn't going to come over to me I was going to go over to him.
As I came closer to him he backed up.
He was scared of me.
Seeing Chris scared was the weirdest thing I'd probably ever see.
He backed up so far he was pressed up against a wall.
As I got closer to him I saw how exhausted he was too.
I reached out to take his trembling hand in mine.
Chris pulled his hand back, but of course that didn't stop me.
I gently took his hand in mine and rubbed his knuckles with my thumb. He tensed up, but soon relaxed in my grasp.
"Chris. I don't hate you. You shouldn't feel responsible for anything that happened to me. You didn't beat me up, Eyeball did. And that was his fault not yours."
"But-"
"No. It's not your fault. There's no way it is. I love you Chris."
I stared into his eyes, watching the fear fade away.
"You really mean that?" Chris asked, a small smile spreading across his face.
"Of course I do." I said as Chris leaned into me, about to kiss me.
"I have something for you." I whispered before he could cut me off in the best way possible.
I sat down on the couch, pulling Chris to sit down next to me.
"You look exhausted." Chris said, he sounded worried. That was nice. Knowing he was worried for me and he cared. Unlike my parents.
"Oh yeah you're the one to talk." I joked.
"Yeah yeah whatever. So whatcha bring me, Lachance?" Chris said as he wrapped his arm around me.
"I made you a scrapbook filled with pictures of you and I. Well...it's not complete we still need to-oh! Yeah here." I took out the small piece of paper that read Let's make more memories so we can finish this together.
I gave it to him and showed him the empty pages.
"Gordie, did you stay up really late making me this?" Chris asked. He'd put the pieces together.
"I mean...not that late." I lied.
"How late?"
"I dunno. 2:30ish."
"Gordie!"
"What?!"
"You need your sleep!"
"Yeah so do you, you hypocrite!"
"I wasn't up till 2:30am. I kept waking up in the middle of the night. Just forget about that and worry about your own sleep."
"God, you sound like the father I wish I had." I said and earned a small giggle from Chris.
That whole day we looked threw the scrapbook and revisited all our old precious memories.
As we were talking about something stupid Chris did when he was little Chris's mom whispered something into his ear, then walked out cackling.
His face was scarlet red.
"What? What did she say?" I asked.
Chris's shocked expression slowly turned into a laugh.
"What?!" I repeated.
"She said we should fuck." He laughed.
My jaw dropped. I felt my face heat up.
I wouldn't want some creepy person to take away my virginity, I would want it to be Chris.
I guess I was taking this a little too seriously compared to Chris.
He was laughing his ass off. But when he saw my serious face his laughing stopped.
"Oh.....oh. Really?" Chris said, locking his ocean blue eyes with mine.
I kissed him, as a way to say yes.
I. Suck. At. Writing. Smut. That's coming in the next chapter, just a heads up. Whenever I read fics I always skip the smut. I'm a sucker for fluff and emotional stuff. Lol and I'm writing this at 4:00am and they're like U NEED SLEEP! And I'm like yeah..... Thanks for reading! Ilysm! ❤️