15

Chris POV
"Run Lachance!" I yelled as I watched Gordie run off. I adored him.
I picked up his stuff and headed to my house. I set his stuff down in my room. I was hungry, but all there was at my house was rotten food and empty boxes of cereal and chips.
I could wait until lunch.
I brushed my teeth and grabbed my stuff. I looked at my bag and realized I had homework to finish.
"Ugh." I rolled my eyes and guessed every answer.
I shoved my homework into my bag and started walking to school.
As I was walking to the spot Gordie and I usually meet up I saw Aria. I couldn't help but burst out laughing.
She stared at me like I was crazy.
Oh shit...if only she knew what Gordie and I did last night. I had the biggest urge to yell: I made out with Gordie, bitch! I stole your man!
Gordie would slap me if I did. He felt bad for her, but I definitely didn't.
I was close to where we usually meet up and I saw two figures. One on top of the other.
I started walking a little faster. As I got closer I recognized both of the figures.
I dropped my stuff and ran to the two fighting figures.
My brother Eyeball was on top of Gordie punching him repeatedly.
I pulled him off of Gordie and screamed
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"
"THAT LACHANCE KID IS THE FAGGOT WHO MADE YOU TRASH MY ROOM!" He screamed back.
I pushed Eyeball back.
"IT WASN'T HIS FAULT! I WAS THE ONE WHO TRASHED YOUR ROOM! IT WAS MY DECISION! DON'T HURT HIM! DON'T EVEN TOUCH HIM!"
I ran too Gordie and started crying at the state of him. I held his head in my arms. His face was covered in blood. His eyes were swollen shut. I couldn't look at him. It broke my heart.
"Oh shit..." I sobbed.
Before I could even blink Eyeball's arm wrapped around my neck and pulled me up off my feet and into the air. He had me in headlock.
"Jesus Eyeball I can't breathe!" I choked out.
I kicked the air trying to wiggle my way out of Eyeball's grip.
"Richard let go man..." I breathed out. My vision was getting blurry but I could still make out Gordie's unconscious body on the floor. My body was beginning to feel numb.
My brother finally dropped me on the ground. He kicked me in the stomach and walked away.
I coughed uncontrollably and started regaining my vision. I tried standing up but felt extremely dizzy and lost my balance. I laid there on my back, my head throbbing, breathing rapid, vision still blurry, and my heart was broken.
I did this to Gordie. This was all my fault.
I soon started crying.
Crying wasn't the best thing to do. I guess I passed out because I wasn't breathing properly.
I woke up, my vision was better and so was my breathing but not my head. It still kinda hurt. But that wasn't what mattered right now.
The only thing that mattered right now was Gordie.
I ran over to him. He was awake too, but in a lot of pain.
"Gordie? Hey man I'm gonna take care of you ok? You're gonna get better." I said, holding back tears. I didn't want him to see me upset.
"Chris...?" Was the only word he could say before he started crying.
I basically carried him to my house. I didn't know where else to go. My mom was still at my house so she could take care of Gordie while I kept Eyeball away from him.
I kicked the door open and yelled "Mom?!"
"Yeah?!" She yelled back.
"I need your help!" I shouted as I laid Gordie down on our couch.
She ran over to me.
"Holy shit... what happened?!" She yelled while she ran and got a bunch of band aides, wash cloths, and medicines I've never heard of.
"Eyeball." I gritted threw my teeth.
"I'll kill his ass later." She said while cleaning the blood off Gordie.
I couldn't stand it.
I did this to Gordie. I did this. I got him hurt.
I walked out of the room and locked myself in the bathroom. I felt like sobbing for decades but crying never helped anyone. I held my tears in and made my way to Eyeball's room clenching my fists.
I had to take care of this. Me. It was my fault after all.
I whipped open the door, keeping my distance and was about tell Eyeball off but saw Ace sitting right next to him. They both turned to stare at me.
"Well look who it is." Ace said, looking me up and down.
"Aye man I don't wanna deal with you right now so shut up." Ace raised his eyebrows at me basically saying
You wanna fucking fight, kid?
"Eyeball. We have Gordie here. So...please just stay here. You've done enough." I didn't really give a fuck about anything anymore. Well, I gave all my fucks towards Gordie.
"Isn't Gordie your boyfriend?" I heard Ace say as I was trying to leave.
Oh shit. Did he see us? Oh fuck.
"W-What?" I asked, turning around.
"Like isn't he some pussy faggot or whatever?" Ace teased.
Relief wiped over me.
I flipped them off as I walked out.
I walked over to Gordie to check on him. His face was less bloody but both his eyes were swollen.
I sighed at the sight of him. He was either passed out or asleep, I couldn't tell.
"So...he'll be ok?" I asked.
My mom nodded. "Let him stay here though I know how to reduce the swelling for black eyes. I've learned from you guys."
"What?"
"When you're father gave you and Eyeball black eyes I always treated them. I've learned little tricks." She smiled.
I forced a smile back and walked to the bathroom, locking myself in.
Yes, crying never helped anyone, but who hasn't cried?
Very dramatic I knowwwww. This chapter is my first chapter that is over 1000 words. Thanks for reading! Ilysm! ❤️