(13) Dear Diary,

🐾

     "I'm so sorry it took so long for me to come here. There were just things that I-"

     Grandma quickly cuts me off and says, "No my dear, it's okay. I know what you went through, and I know that all of it was because of Hael."

     She then (barely) looks at Damien then back to me and continued, "If it weren't for Hael, the two of you wouldn't have gone through all those things."

     "No, if it weren't for Hael I wouldn't have met Dane," Damien quickly defends as he walks towards grandma and I.

     I stood up beside Damien, making him drape his arm around my shoulder.

     "This is the man that I was talking about Andrea. He's the man that I was, and am still very much in love with," Damien suddenly says, shocking me.

     Grandma on the other hand wasn't shocked at all. Instead, she smiles and nods her head, like she knew about that all along.

    "I figured that it would be my grandson," she tells Damien, "You always talked about his eyes and his personality. Just hearing about it already made me suspect who that outstanding man was."

     "So you approve?" Damien asked, making me feel shy for some reason.

     Grandma nods her head and says, "Dane is like his father. He will need someone who is as outgoing and as outspoken as you. It doesn't matter if it's with a man or a woman. As long as there is love, then it's okay."

    Damien and I smiled at each other by what grandma just said, "Thank you Andrea," Damien tells her.

     Andrea doesn't say anything but nods her head as an answer,

     "Was I really like my father?" I asked her.

     I didn't know much about my father except for the fact that he loved his family unconditionally. Damien didn't know him either, and the only one who was close to him was uncle Hael, but unfortunately, uncle Hael is already dead.

     The last shot that I have in knowing more about my father would be from his own mother.

     "Your father," grandma finally starts.

     "He and Heal were the complete opposite. Hael was rebellious and sociable, always a part of the crowd. While Andre was smart and serious, he was mostly alone by himself. But Andre was always the family man; he knows how to take care of others, while Hael practically didn't care about anything. Hael was a risk taker, Andre was practical, and the list just goes on and on," Andrea says, then she pauses to cough.

     I quickly looked at Wilma, mouthing the words 'water'.

     So Wilma goes to the kitchen to get some water. Then she immediately goes back and gives it to my grandmother.

     Grandma took a sip and gives the glass back to Wilma. Then she chuckles and says, "Sorry Dane, your grandma is getting old."'

     'Your grandma', why does that sound so good to be true?

     "Really? I thought you were only on your forties," I joked, making her laugh again.

     "Anyways, should I continue with my story?" she then asks us.

     I move closer to her and gently held her hand, "I think that was enough. You should rest. We'll talk about this again later."

     "Are you staying here for the night?" she asks, quickly making me look at Damien.