(17) Find Me

🐾     

I looked at the sunflowers on the floor with confusion.

     I slowly picked it up and smelled it, because for some reason, if someone gives you a bouquet of flowers, you're required to fucking press your nose on those flowers and fucking smell them.

     As I scan the flowers, I realized that there was actually a card. I took the card and silently read it.

     The card read...

You lost the bet, so here's the deal. I made some clues so you'll find me here. You can't say no because I already told you so, that everything I tell you, you'll diligently follow.

There's a house nurse who has a key. It'll get you to where you want to be. Ask her for it and she will give it to you. The key to that room will show you the next clue.

- Damien

PS: I hope you love the sunflowers. I picked them myself. Now, have fun ;)

     I literally laughed at how witty Damien sounded.

     So he planned all this without me knowing? How did he even do that?!

     "Okay, house nurse. Obviously Wilma," I tell myself as I went back inside the house. I place the sunflower on top of a table and went to Wilma who was putting plates on top of the table at the dining room.

     "Wilma," I call out, making her look at me with a smile. "Yes Day?"

     I smirked because Wilma was literally acting like she doesn't know anything about Damien's plan. Which now made me realize that grandma knew about it too, which was why he was stalling me the whole day.

     "Do you perhaps...have a key?" I innocently ask her.

     Wilma giggles and checks the pocket of her apron, "Let me check."

     She then takes out a familiar key and hands it over to me, "I think this is it," she says as she shows me the key.

     My eyes widened from shock as I say, "It's the secret door key!" I practically shouted as I took the key from Wilma's hand.

     The key also had another note that said: Open through your room.

     "Thanks Wilma," I say as I ran out of the kitchen.

     When I walk pass the living room, I quickly shouted, "Hi grandma!" then I ran upstairs to my room.

     I don't know why, but for an old man like me, I was enjoying this.

     I put the key on the keyhole and opened the secret door. Then I pushed it open.

     The moment I pushed it, a pile of box suddenly falls on the floor. And inside the box were actually yellow balloons, which then scatter on the floor.

     "What the hell is this?" I ask while laughing because I couldn't help contain it because of how excited I was feeling about this whole thing.

     When I closed the secret door, I saw a needle taped to it. It made me realize what Damien wanted me to do next.

     "You smart idiot," I say as I took the needle from the wall.

     "I can't believe I'm going to do this," I continue to tell myself. Then, I started popping the balloons one by one like a kid. I stopped when one balloon contained a paper, which made me realize that it was actually my next clue.