(16) Homemade

🐾

     I woke up, my back aching like crazy.

     I was expecting Damien to welcome me with a smile, but unfortunately, he wasn't there beside me.

     I immediately sat up, regretting it the moment I did it because my lower back ached again. But when I looked around, I realized that I was back at my father's room, and I was already wearing my clothes.

     "Don't tell me I dreamt everything last night," I tell myself as I stood up from the bed. But the pain that I was feeling immediately made me know that everything that happened was not a dream at all.

     "Damien and I really outdid ourselves last night," I continue to tell myself as I slowly walk towards the secret door. I was about to push it open, but to my surprise, the door was now locked.

     I went to the drawer where I first saw the key but it was gone now too.

     So I decided to go out of my room to knock on Damien's room, which was also my uncle's room.

     "Damien? Damien are you there?" I called out as I continue to knock on his door.

      No one answered, so I decided to open it myself. What's the point of knocking anyways? I'm his lover; I don't need to knock on his goddamn door.

     "Damien," I called out again, but to my surprise, the room was empty.

     I immediately went down and saw my grandmother brushing cookies the cat on her rocking chair. That is such a grandma thing to do.

      "Good morning grandma," I greeted as I approached her to give her a quick kiss on her forehead.

     "Good morning Day. Did you have a good night sleep?" she asks me, making me bite my lower lip and blush.

     "Did you?" I ask back instead.

     Grandma innocently smiles and nods her head, "I did. It was a cold night though, but the sound of the ocean eased me."

     "You can hear the ocean from all the way here?" I ask in confusion.

     Grandma continues to smile as she answered back, "Oh Day, I hear everything."

     I chocked on nothing when I heard my grandmother's answer. But I try to act calm to at least show that I was innocent and I did not have a BDSM themed sex with Damien the whole night.

     "H-How...delightful," I say instead.

     I then cleared my throat and ask something else to change the subject, "Grandma, have you perhaps seen Damien? He's not in his room." Or in my room.

     "You mean Hunter right?" she asks, making me remember that grandma and Wilma know Damien as Hunter.

     "Oh yes, Hunter. I meant to say Hunter," I clarified.

     "He told me he was going fishing at the beach," she says.

     Fishing? Seriously?

     "Is that so? Then I'll go change my clothes and head there," I say as I was about to leave. But grandma stops me and says, "Day, why not be a darling and help Wilma prepare for breakfast instead."

     "Breakfast? Oh, of course. No problem," I honestly answered.

     I don't mind helping out here especially since this is basically my home.

     And Damien and I will have a lot more time together in the future. I should spend more time with the people here before we leave. Because as much as I want to stay here longer, Damien and I still have work to do in the city.