Eight

what do you imagine harry and Louis to look like in this story?? i'm just curious

"Happy birthday, babe."

Louis grins, tucking Harry's head under his chin and wrapping his arms around his boy. "Thank you, Haz," He mumbles into Harry's hair, kissing the top of his head. Harry leans back from him and leans up to kiss him on the lips, something Louis happily takes part in.

"No, come back," Louis whines when Harry steps back from him. Harry giggles and shakes his head.

"I need to put some trousers on, Lou," He laughs, batting Louis' hands away when he reaches out to him.

"Do you have to?" Louis asks, eyes dropping to Harry's boxer briefs. Harry smacks Louis' bicep before shaking his head and turning towards the dresser to grab some pyjama bottoms.

"I'll make you brekkie in a few, you can wait downstairs if you want," Harry says, back turned to Louis.

"Thanks, pet," Louis says softly, kissing the back of Harry's neck before walking out of the bedroom.

Louis sits down at the kitchen table, taking out his phone and smiling at the couple of happy birthday texts he's gotten from his friends. It's nice to forget about Harry trying to get pregnant for a little while, just enjoy what he has now in his life instead of wishing for something he doesn't (yet). He's so lucky to have Harry, especially. He's never going to meet someone who's so sweet, and generous, and makes his tea just the way he likes it.

He hears Harry coming down the stairs to the kitchen as he pockets his mobile again, looking up at his husband and smiling. "You want help with breakfast, babe?" He asks, and Harry rolls his eyes.

"It's your birthday, silly, of course not," Harry laughs, leaning down and kissing the top of Louis' head. "Cuppa first?"

"'Course," Louis grins.

Harry busies himself near the plug-in kettle while Louis goes back to his mobile, answering his mum's text about how yes, they're still coming over later to celebrate Christmas Eve and Louis' birthday. They do Christmas Eve at Jay's and Christmas at Anne's.

"Here's your tea," Harry says, standing behind Louis and placing the cup in front of him. "And here's your present."

Louis puts his phone away and leans his head back so Harry will kiss him. "Thanks, love," He mumbles after Harry kisses him, sitting next to him and smiling timidly. Louis looks down to his mug, except there's something next to it.

A pregnancy test.

And, there's two lines instead of the one that's been haunting Louis for months. Louis drops his phone on the table, picking up the test quickly and staring at it.

"Lou?" Harry asks softly, reaching forward and putting his hand on Louis' thigh. Louis turns his head towards him, eyes wide and lips parted.

"H-Harry, is this-" Louis knows Harry wouldn't joke about anything like this, but he doesn't believe this could be real. "This is real? You're-"

"Yeah," Harry giggles, and his eyes are a bit watery. "I-I took it last night. We're havin' a baby, Lou."

"Holy shit!" Louis stands up from his seat with the test still in hand. "I'm gonna be a dad, Hazza!"

"Lou," Harry laughs as Louis pulls him out of his seat, attacking him in a hug.

"I love you so much," Louis breathes, holding Harry tight. "Thank you, Harry."

"I love you too, Lou," Harry sniffles, and Louis can't imagine why he was ever against this. Him and Harry making a human being, holy shit.