Nine

"Lou, babe, I'm trying to work," Harry giggles, but he makes no effort to shove Louis off of him. Louis just grunts, cheek resting against Harry's stomach as he squeezes Harry's waist where his arms are wrapped around it.

"Let me love you," He huffs, peering around the screen of Harry's laptop to look at him. Harry rolls his eyes, reaching over and running his fingers through Louis' hair.

"I feel fat," Harry pouts, moving his hand down to stroke Louis' cheek with the back of his hand. Louis frowns, reaching up and shutting Harry's laptop before setting it down on the coffee table. Harry's pout deepens.

"You shouldn't," Louis points out, pulling himself up so he's laying against Harry's chest. "'S your fourth time doing this, obviously you're not going to look the same as you did with the first. I think you look cute. Already have a proper little bump."

"'M only ten weeks along," Harry argues. "And everything hurts."

Louis twists his mouth. "Maybe I should go to the scan with you tomorrow."

"No, you shouldn't miss work," Harry points out, scratching at Louis' scalp lightly as Louis closes his eyes. "'S only the ten week scan anyways. Nothing important."

When Louis comes home, he finds Harry sitting at the kitchen table on his laptop, looking a best stressed. He sets his computer back down on the counter before walking over and sitting next to him. "You okay?"

"Don't I get a proper greeting?" Harry huffs, closing his laptop. Louis rolls his eyes and leans over, kissing Harry's cheek while Harry smiles. "That's better."

"Now, are you okay?" Louis asks, eyebrows raised. Harry sighs and reaches into his back pocket, setting an ultrasound down in front of Louis. Louis grins, and Harry points to a small, white spot with his index finger.

"That's our baby," He says softly, and Louis picks Harry's hand up from the table and kisses the back of it. Harry pulls his hand away before pointing to the ultrasound again. There's another white dot.

"Wait," Louis says slowly, looking up at Harry. Harry's biting his bottom lip.

"Two babies," Harry nods. Louis leans back in his chair, mouth in an 'o' shape as he looks back to the picture.

"Twins?" Louis asks, and Harry nods. Louis' chest feels light as he starts to smile, looking back at Harry. Harry's not smiling, though, and Louis grabs his hand and pulls him out of his seat, sitting Harry down in his lap. "Hey, hey, what's the matter? I thought this was good news?"

Harry sniffles, eyes shiny as he stares down at the ultrasound. "You didn't even want one baby," He points out, keeping his hand holding Louis'. "And now we've got two, what if it's too much for you?"

"'S not, it won't be," Louis assures, leaning up and kissing Harry's jawline. "'M so happy, Hazza, so, so happy. We're going to have two babies, can you imagine?"

Harry smiles weakly and sniffles again, and Louis wraps an arm around his waist and gives it a squeeze. "I love you, baby," He whispers. "Are you healthy? Did the doctor have any concerns?"

Harry shakes his head and wipes his eyes. "He said I'm really healthy."

Louis hooks his chin over Harry's shoulder, looking down at the ultrasound. "Good," He hums being smiling. "Our mums are going to scream their fucking heads off when they find out."

Harry giggles, leaning back into Louis. "I blame your sperm for this," He teases, and Louis rolls his eyes and pinches his bum.