Fifteen

"Well, good morning, sleepy head."

Harry smiles wearily, eyes sleepy as he gives Louis a small wave. Louis is quick to walk over to him, helping him sit in one of the kitchen chairs. Harry lets out a pained noise as he lowers down into the chair, pouting up at Louis. Louis gives him a sympathetic smile. "Tired?"

"Very," Harry nods, voice still raspy from sleep. Louis leans down and presses a kiss to the top of Harry's head, putting his hand on Harry's cheek. Harry looks up at him pitifully. "I'm so big."

"No complaining on your birthday, baby," Louis reminds. Harry blinks confusedly before his eyebrows go up in realisation.

"Oh. I forgot," He admits, cheeks turning pink. Louis smiles fondly, keeping his hand on Harry's face.

"You want something to eat, birthday boy?" He asks, grinning wider when Harry puts his hand over Louis' where it's pressed against his cheek.

"Always," Harry hums, making Louis laugh. Harry's only allowed to enjoy this moment with his husband for a few seconds, apparently, because one of the babies sends a rather hard kick to his ribs, making him wince. "And they're up."

Louis twists his mouth sympathetically, running his fingers through Harry's hair soothingly. "They know it's your birthday! They just wanna say hi," He defends. Harry gives him a dull look. "They know what your voice sounds like by now, they know it's you complaining and they're trying to make you feel better, 's all."

Harry's face softens, and soon his eyes become watery. Louis furrows his eyebrows. "Hey, hey, what's the matter?"

"That's so cute," Harry sniffles, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "You're so sweet."

Louis grins adoringly, leaning down and pecking Harry's lips. "You're so perfect," Louis mumbles into Harry's mouth, making Harry giggle bashfully, eyes still shiny. They separate, and Louis tucks one of Harry's curls behind his ear gently. "What do you want to eat, baby?"

"I don't know," Harry sighs before he twists his mouth. "Do we have ice cream?"

Louis tries not to laugh at him. "Yes, love," He grins. "I'll get you some."

"Love you," Harry mumbles sleepily, grabbing Louis' hand and kissing his knuckles. Louis' smile melts into a soft one. He squeezes Harry's hand before walking over to the freezer, pulling out some ice cream for Harry.

"Do you want me to just take you upstairs so you can eat in bed?" Louis asks after a few minutes, bowl of Harry's ice cream in hand.

"You know me too well," Harry replies, holding his hand out to Louis. Louis smiles at him and helps him off, putting a hand on the small of his back and helping him walk towards the stairs.

*smut next chapter 😛😛😛😛😛*