Six

"Here's your tea, baby," Louis says softly, kissing the top of Harry's head and handing him a cuppa. Another negative pregnancy test that morning, which means another day of Harry sulking. It breaks Louis' heart.

"Thanks, Lou," Harry says, taking the mug and bringing it to his lips. Louis sighs, laying down on top of Harry's legs so his arms are lazily wrapped around the younger boy's waist.

"I love you," Louis mumbles into the bottom of Harry's stomach, closing his eyes when he feels Harry run his fingers through his hair, scratching lightly at his scalp.

"I love you too," Harry murmurs, taking another sip of his tea. He sounds so sad, Louis frowns to himself.

"I'm so sorry, love," Louis whispers, biting his bottom lip.

"I don't want to talk about it," Harry admits, his hand moving from Louis' hair to his cheekbone, which he strokes gently with his thumb.

"Haz," Louis says softly, turning his head so he's looking up at Harry. Harry doesn't say anything–avoids Louis' eyes while sipping his tea. Louis sighs, laying his head down again in defeat. "I'm just sorry I can't give you what you want, H."

"What are you talking about, Lou?" Harry sounds exasperated, and Louis turns his head to look at him again. "This isn't your fault. If anything, it's mine. I've had so many babies, my body's probably done."

"Baby, you know the doctor said the total opposite," Louis points out. "I think your body loves havin' babies as much as you." Harry giggles at that, still stroking Louis' cheek lovingly. "We've only been trying for a month. We'll get there."

Harry sighs wearily, just nodding.

"I'm not discussing the sex positions my husband and I use with you, Mum."

"I'm just saying, specific ones help!"

Louis groans, throwing his head back. "I'm being serious! He's really upset about it! I don't know what to do or say to make him feel better."

"I don't know if there is anything, boo."

"Thanks, Mum. Thank you so much for the encouragement."

"I'm being honest! He won't really be satisfied until it happens, baby, and trust me, it will. Just be supportive, okay? I know it's probably tearing you up that you can't give him what he wants, but it. Will. Happen."

Louis looks down at his shoes, the phone pressed in between his cheek and his shoulder as he crosses his arms. "I love you, Mum," He says quietly, a frown on his face.

"I love you too, Lou. Please call me if you need anything, love."

"I will," Louis assures. They say their goodbyes and he hangs up just as Harry sulks into the kitchen, immediately walking over to Louis and leaning against him. Louis kisses the top of his head. "Hey, love. You feel okay?"

Harry doesn't say anything, because Louis knows the answer. He sighs softly, kissing the top of Harry's head.