Five

"I want a baby."

"I know, love."

Harry just pouts, arms crossed as he stares at his phone. "They sent me a picture," Harry whispers, leaning into Louis and tilting the screen toward him. Louis puts his glasses on and looks at the screen. There's a picture of a baby boy with a red cap on, bundled up in a little white and red striped blanket. He's looking up at the camera with bright green eyes.

"He's beautiful," Louis says softly. Harry nuzzles his nose into Louis' shoulder as Louis takes the phone out of Harry's hand. "You make some beautiful kids."

Louis wraps his arm around Harry's shoulder while he hears Harry sniffle. "Oh, no, baby, what's the matter?"

"I want a baby," Harry weeps into the sleeve of Louis' t-shirt, crying harder and harder as Louis wraps both of his arms around Harry and holds him. "I get so attached, I try not to but I do, and it hurts so much when I have to give them away."

"Hazza," Louis coos, running his fingers through Harry's hair lovingly. "Oh, love. I know it hurts. It's okay."

"I want a baby so bad," Louis presses a tender kiss to Harry's forehead as he sobs. "I want one that I get to keep. I want one that I can cuddle and love and I want one with your eyes."

"Harry," Louis buries his nose into Harry's hair, holding him tight as Harry lets out loud, heartbreaking cries. "Baby, love, breathe. Please breathe. You're going to get yourself sick honey."

"Lou," Harry wonders if the neighbours can hear him.

"Shh," Louis puts Harry's phone down. He shifts them both of that they're laying down rather than sitting up, and Harry is sobbing into Louis' chest. "Oh, baby, I'm so sorry."

Harry doesn't say anything, just keeps sobbing hysterically as Louis tries to soothe him. "I'm gonna give you a baby, my beautiful boy," Louis murmurs into Harry's curls. "I'm going to give you a baby that you can hug and kiss and love and cuddle, okay? All yours. All ours."

Harry sniffles, lifting his head a bit so he's looking into Louis' eyes. He doesn't say anything, though. And even though Harry's face is breaking Louis' heart, Louis plasters a small smile on his face to show Harry he's sincere.

"What kind of baby do you want?" Louis asks playfully, pinching the tip of Harry's nose lightly. "Hm? You want a chubby baby? I'll give you a chubby baby, you can pinch their cheeks and they'll be extra cuddly."

Harry can't help but smile wearily, with Louis wiping the tears from his cheeks. He sniffles, "I'll take a chubby baby."

"You got it," Louis leans forward and presses a kiss to Harry's lips. "I'll give you whatever you want."

"I want you," Harry sniffles again while Louis brushes his curls out of his face.

"You have me," Louis assures softly. "All to yourself too."

"'M lucky," Harry hums, resting his head against Louis' chest. Louis smiles and continues to run his fingers through Harry's hair soothingly.