Chapter 13

James' POV

Well this is awkward...

I screwed this up, didn't I? In the background I can see that she's in the kitchen. Which means that the white stuff on her is probably dough or flour. Which means you've gone and pointed something minuscule out that has made both of you embarrassed.

Which is followed with an awkward silence.

Good job James, good job.

Jaiden's POV

I pause, considering what to say. I finally speak up.

Jaiden- Yeah I'm trying to bake a mini raspberry cheesecakes! Vegan of course.

James- Cool! I bet your doing pretty good!

Jaiden- I hope so. Although Gordon Ramsay wouldn't be thrilled. And Ari won't leave the raspberries alone!

James- Well Ari is Ari!

Jaiden- Ari is a brat, but I love them anyway.

An idea shoots through my head.

Jaiden- Do you want to come help with the cheesecakes? You can have some if you do.

James POV

A chance to spend time with Jaiden and eat cheesecake?! OF COURSE!

James- Sure! I'm on my way!

I end the FaceTime and grab my car keys. I'm hoping I don't do anything awkward, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Probably.

Hopefully.

Jaiden's POV

Ari looks at me rather smugly.

Jaiden- What?! Can I not hang out with my friends?

Ari- *questioning chirp*

Jaiden- Yes, I know I've seen him for the past few days now, but I thought you WANTED me to be social.

Ari just keeps smirking at me.

Jaiden- Whatever.

I clean up the cooking area a bit before checking to see if she had cleaned up everything from yesterday. Then I hear the doorbell.

Jaiden- Come in James!

James walks in and laughs.

Jaiden- What's so funny?

James- You still have flour in your hair. It looks even funnier in person.

Jaiden- *laughs*

James walks into the kitchen, still laughing. I point to an apron and when he walks past me to get it, I put flour in his hair.

James- ... Well now we match.

Our laughing gets harder and harder until I collapse on the couch. It takes a few minutes for us to calm down...

Ari is still looking very smug. I give them a death glare.

...

Ari doesn't care.

Jaiden- Answer me this though...

James- What?

He looks confused, and almost scared. I just laugh, and he seems to calm down.

Jaiden- Are you here more for the baking or the eating?

James- Baking?

I give him an "I don't believe you look"