Chapter 16

Jaiden's POV

I wake up to a wave of memories smacking me in the face.

Jaiden- Crappppp!

No. No. No. No. No. This can't be happening. Why universe! Do you want Jameden to happen this badly!

Then again. It was probably a dream. I've had a few dreams like that. Yeah, just a dream.

Ari smirks at me like they know what I'm thinking.

Jaiden- Whatever, Ari. It's not like it's ever gonna happen anyway. Even if he did like me, somehow it wouldn't work out. Trust me.

Ari just continues to smirk.

Jaiden- Weirdo bird.

Ari- *SCREECH*

Jaiden- I mean dog.

James POV

Just act natural. She probably doesn't remember. Just be glad you did something and you didn't let her cry alone.

Which brings me to a question; why was she crying? A bad nightmare?

What else could it be?

Whatever, just don't do anything stupid. Don't screw up, and everything will be fine.

I'll go make breakfast so we can have something else to talk about, and to thank her for letting me stay here. I walk downstairs and see a vegan cook book. Well. That's convenient. I flip to a random page and see some smoothies. I can work with that.

I look at the different smoothie recipes and see one that I like. I check to see she has all the ingredients. Strawberries, blueberries, definitely raspberries, bananas, almond milk, apples... Yep, got all of that here.

I've already started when I realize something. Is she gonna be weirded out by me using her kitchen to make breakfast?

...

I hope not. Making food really calms me down. Besides, I'm already almost done with the smoothies!

Oh well.

I turn on the the blender to hear WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Frick! That's almost as loud as Ari!

I have to finish making them though... Noise included.

*About 5 more mins of "WHIRRR"*

Done! I can finally stop hearing that brutal noise.

I start pouring out the smoothies into two tall glasses. It's a nice purple color.

Jaiden walks down.

James- Oh, hey Jaiden! Um... You don't mind, do you?

Jaiden's POV

It sounds like Ari's screaming.

But, no. Ari's mouth isn't even open. And Ari looks as confused as I feel.

I come down as soon as the noise stops.

James- Oh, hey Jaiden!
Um... You don't mind, do you?

Jaiden- Oh, n-no. It's fine.

James- I just wanted to do something to say thanks for letting me spend the night.

Jaiden- You didn't have to do anything! I had fun making cheesecakes with you.

James- Oh yeah the cheesecakes!

Jaiden- Smoothies and cheesecakes. Sounds good!

James- Let's get them out of the freezer!

I take the pan out.