Chapter 14

Jaiden's POV

Soon James and I are popping the completed cheesecakes in the freezer.

Jaiden- It will take about 5 hours to freeze. Maybe longer. It has to be overnight...Then we can eat them.

James- It's already 5:00pm. That will be pretty late.

Jaiden- I heard you want to eat them as soon as possible for the best results.

James- Well we're having late night cheesecake!

Jaiden- Yeah! You can just spend the night too! I actually have a spare bedroom.

James- Um, I don't know... It's your house and all, I wouldn't want to intrude...

Jaiden- It's fine! Got plenty of room around here. Besides, you're one of my best friends!

James' POV

Ouch.

Friend zoned.

Should've known it was coming though, but still.

Whatever. I got to spend the night at Jaiden's house! I'm a little worried though... Last time we spent the night at the same house, I ended up falling asleep on her! And she fell asleep on me on the couch! And I didn't even stop her!!!

Calm down. Everything is fine. There are two different bedrooms anyway. Last time there was only one, and that's how we got in that mess in the first place.

You'll be fine, James.

Jaiden's POV

Best friend.

Those two words echo through my head. Did I just friend zone my crush. Wait... I think you can only friend zone someone if they like you... Oh well. I didn't have a chance anyway. Ari gives me a disappointed look.

James- Let's watch Kitchen Nightmares.

Jaiden- Can't say no to that!

James- Here we come, Gordon Ramsay!

At least that's going in my favor. Nothing bad can happen when you've got Gordon Ramsay.

Jaiden- Hey, before I sit down, do you want any snacks? We didn't really have anything for lunch...

James- Remember that vegan popcorn we had with Adam and Tim? That was pretty good!

Jaiden- Sure! I'll go make some!

I prepare the popcorn while James turns on Kitchen Nightmare.

James- I'll wait for you before I start playing it.

Jaiden- No it's fine. I can hear it from here.

James- I'm also waiting for the popcorn.

Jaiden- That makes more sense.

James- Just kidding, Jaiden. I'm still waiting for you though.

Jaiden- Ok.

I paused for the popcorn. It takes a while...

Quite a while...

...

When will it stop?!

It stops.

I take out a bowl and fill it with the popcorn, taking it out to the living room.

Jaiden- Here we go.

James- *grabs some popcorn* Ready for a binge?

Jaiden- As ready as I'll ever be.

Sally: Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. Only a little over 400 words. Thanks for over *checks how many read* 800?!?!

800 READS!

WOW THANK YOU!

💜💙

But seriously😂

Kat: Well hello my neko children.

We're over 800 reads. I'm literally speechless right now. Like, just HOW did that happen?!

In any case, a couple of chapters ago INeedLoveAndFood guessed the correct fandom that I referenced. That's right, it was Undertale!!! So congrats on correctly guessing! As far as I can tell that was the only correct guess, but if I see more we'll get you guys a shout out too.

Sally: Whops I forgot to tell her about the other one lol.

Kat: Also; back to the over 800 reads thing, we're setting up a goal of over 1,000 reads in about a week and a half. Which I'm sure we can reach. Maybe we'll do an extra special chapter if we reach that goal...

So that's about it news wise...

See ya guys next time!

*The thought of a new chapter fills you with... Determination.*