11

I spent my days dancing in the mini ballroom with Fidel, Eldora, and Tony. It was fun hanging out with them. It was like we were a group of friends in highschool joking around and laughing at each other's mistakes.

One time, Tony and Fidel were partners to entertain us. Eldora and I sat down on the floor and laughed out loud. Tony didn't want to be the girl but he lost rock paper scissors. But I must say, he acted pretty well as a girl. Fidel had a few tricks up his sleeve and suddenly put his arms on his torso and tried to lift him up, but he couldn't carry Tony and ended up on the floor. Eldora and I laughed so hard that we couldn't care less about their pain. They sat up by themselves and laughed along with us.

Another instance was when Eldora made me do a grand jete and Fidel had the idea to copy me. When he leaped, his pants ripped and he ended up clutching his private part while complaining that it hurt too much. I laughed too much that I didn't notice Tony sneaking up behind me. He put me on his shoulder and I remember complaining a lot of times. I pounded on his back and tried to wriggle out of his grasp but he was too strong. Eldora laughed at both me and his brother. Tony headed to the part where there was a trash bin where we put our garbage from our snacks.

"No!" I exclaimed.

I knew he was going to throw me in the trash so I kept kicking and harming him. He laughed at my pathetic attempts. Eldora got a camera and filmed us. Fidel got up from the ground to watch.

How can I escape this? Think, Haidee.

Then I thought of a plan. We were nearing the bin and when my feet touched the lid of the trash bin, I did a lame back flip that almost got me killed if I didn't land on my feet. I caught him by surprise and I took the chance. I opened the lid pushed him inside. Eldora and Fidel bursted into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

I smirked at him, "Your plan back-fired."

He grumbled, "Since when did you know how to do a back flip?"

I shrugged, "About ten seconds ago."

Another fun experience was when Eldora lost a game we were playing and was told to sing. Fidel was the one who said it. Tony laughed when he heard it. Eldora glared at him and mumbled a curse. I looked confused.

"Why?" I asked, "Why are you laughing?"

"You'll see," Fidel said with an amused expression, "Sing Dive."

Eldora sighed and nodded. Before singing, she turned to me and said in a serious voice, "Haidee, if you still want to hear things, cover your ears. It's for your own good."

My eyebrows furrowed and I tried to ask why but she ignored me. She took a deep breath and sang in a startling voice.

"So don't call me baby," She sang and I tried not to cover my ears, "Unless you mean it."

Fidel already had his hands over his ears. Tony just laughed at Eldora's voice. I didn't want to describe her voice as horrible, but that's what I thought it was.

"Don't tell me you need me," She continued in an off-tune melody, "If you don't believe it."

Fidel was signalling me to cover my ears but I refused. It seemed impolite to do so.

"So let me know the truth," She sang, "Before I dive right into you."

I never knew she had a (sorry) terrible voice, I thought princesses were good at everything. But that was the way they made us think.

The day of the ball was approaching and I haven't seen Claire or Louise since the day it was announced. Thankfully, the rebels haven't made any move to oppose us so far. But I get the feeling that they were planning something sinister. Gabriel is smart, he wouldn't act rashly. If he had a plan, he'd make sure it works and that's why I've been dreading the day when he strikes again.