20

Cold water met my face and I snapped awake yelling, "Oh holy mother of cheese!"

You must be asking why I yelled 'cheese'. The reason behind this was a dream in a land of cheese. Don't ask for details or it'll get cheesy.

I was drenched in ice cold water with a sound of drums ringing in my ears. When I looked at the person who did it, I glared at her.

"Why did you pour that on me?!"

She looked at me sternly and checked her watch, "You are fifteen minutes late."

The lady wore a regular t-shirt and ordinary pants but her stern expression made her look like a business woman.

I looked at the clock and scrunched my eyebrows, "It's 7:45!"

She crossed her arms, "And our call time is 7:30."

"What?!"

She took my arms and dragged me to the restroom where the tub was filled with water. She swung me inside the tub with such strength that I would've thought she was a man.

"I'll give you ten minutes to prepare. If you're not prepared by then," she stopped talking and slowly drew a line on her neck with her thumb.

I gulped and started washing myself. The woman was really scary yesterday. I was glad I didn't wake up late. She tortured me.

I think she resented me because I was another addition to her group. Meaning, they would record the song again to include me, they would alter the steps to include me, they would make new posters that would include me, they needed to promote me. I was incredibly guilty yesterday. The woman made sure that I felt that way.

She kept on glaring at me when she thought I wasn't looking, she pressured me to get the steps right, she kept pushing me to hit the highest note of the lyrics I added to the song—which Heather wasn't happy about but I could tell she liked that part—and made my voice strained. Psyche helped me through it all. She provided me this juice that she said would help with my voice, she taught me the steps to the dance—I was really alienated with the dance. It was too hip-hop-y for my liking—but I managed the steps. Psyche told me I had sass when I danced. I replied to her that maybe it was because I knew how to tango. To make matters worse, the woman—our manager, Miss Delilah—learned that I was flexible. She added steps that included me doing splits. I hated those parts. What I liked of the things she added to the dance was the grand jete I had to do when it was the part of the instrumental. There was also an original part of the instrumental where they dance a ballroom dance—which was for amateurs. I'm not boasting.

I really loved the song. It held so much emotion. I could relate to it somehow. Whenever I hear the song, I would be reminded of the days where I observed Tony dating the other selected while ignoring me. This memory was an inspiration to the bridge I added to the song.

And when I see you there with her
Holding her hand like lovers
It makes me always wonder
If your promises would be gone forever

Psyche wiped a fake tear when she heard the lyrics I made. I was also assigned to take on one part of Maxine since they said she had a lot of parts already.

I also liked that part.

Together forever?
You said it yourself
Now I think it's never
I have no one else

In the chorus, I just ask as a second voice to Psyche and Penelope. I really liked Fiona's rap. Even if the song is mellow, she could fit the rap in like it was meant to be there.

I finish up quickly. I got random jogging pants and a gray hoodie. I slipped on some sneakers and ran to the practice room. Miss Delilah was already there, arms crossed as she observed my teammates as they danced to the song. I didn't bother stretching and warming up—although I know I'd regret it later—I ran to my place and followed them dancing.